I Had a Lower Blepharoplasty and All my Eye Lashes Are Gone? Is This Normal After the Procedure?

Eye Lashes

+1

No. However, it is important to find out the cause of the loss of your lower eye lashes (surgical, anesthetic, traumatic, etc.).  Start by asking your surgeon.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelash should not be affected by blepharoplasty

+1

Hard to know what is up with your lashes, but blepharoplasty should not affect them or cause a loss in our experience.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/eyelid-surgery

No, Not Normal Whatsoever.

+1

This may have occured because of temporary hair follicle shock and in time the lashes will grow back.  Or it may be the follicles were injured in the course of the eyelid surgery.  While this is an uncommon situation, it is very rarely seen and it is often anticipated in surgical consents.  If it has been more than a year since surgery, then this loss is permanent.  If it has only been a few weeks, I would be patient.  Ask you surgeon if Latisse might be worth your while.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.