I Had Lower Blepharoplasty 3 Weeks Ago. Can I Fix the Crater on Outer Right Eye Corner? (photo)

I had lower transconjunctival blepharoplasty three weeks ago. The results between my two eyes are really uneven. There is a big crater in the outer corner of my right eye that is not present on the left eye. I'm already thinking that I will have to revise the right eye - maybe the left eye too if it sinks in more. Can the corner of my right eye (left in photos) be treated with filler or fat grafts, or another treatment? I am happy with the result directly under eye, just need to fix corner.

Craters are in the eye of the beholder.

+2

Transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty removes lower eyelid fat.  This can be helpful for select patients.   Even in the best of hands it is not possible to guarantee that the eyelid will be perfectly smooth after surgery. Increasingly our surgical paradigm of what we need to accomplish for the lower eyelid has shifted significantly.  We understand better that preservation of volume is important and establishing continuity of volume at the top of the cheek into the lower eyelid crease is more important than subtracting volume.  This has lead to procedures like filling the tear trough with Restylane and arcus marginalis release to preserve volume in the lower eyelid.   Even these procedures can be associated with lower eyelid irregularities.  Depending on how you hold your face, it is possible to exaggerate the small hollow present after your lower eyelid surgery.  As you are still early from surgery, this issue may be more or less significant as you heal.  The simplest solution if it persists is to use Restylane to fill the area.  That type of service lasts about a year,  and in my opinion is more reasonable than corrective surgery.

Depressions after a lower lid surgery

+1

I would give it 6-12 weeks after the surgery before considering anything. There is a good chance that as the swelling continues to decrease that the depression will get more similar to the other side. If by that time it does not, filler can be used to hide it until the final results are seen months down the road.

+1

Sorry to say your series of photos are posted poorly. But even at 3 weeks very hard to say if there is swelling or residual fat, scar tissue. Best to be seen weekly by your chosen surgeon to see the progress. Followup would be appreciated and better posting of the photos. 

Eyelid hollowness after surgery

+1

You should wait at least 3 months after your surgery before deciding on if anything else would be needed.  Consider consult with an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Indentation After Transconjunctival Lower Blepharoplasty

+1

At only three weeks after surgery, it is way too early to passing judgment on the result as it is still evolving. You need to wait at least three months and six months would be even better. If the amount of apparent overresection of fat persists at this point, you can consider synthetic fillers or the placement of a small fat graft for improvement.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/eyelid.html

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty

+1

Transconjunctival blepharoplasty is done to remove prolapsed eyelid fat, and there are multiple compartments of fat that may need to be addressed. It may be that the lateral [outside] compartment may have had a little too much fat removed.

Allow at least 3 months to pass to get a good idea for final result. Fat grafting and/or fillers may very well be helpful to improve the contour.

Be patient

Best of luck

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon