How Well Do Blepharoplasty Scars Heal?

I am 4 weeks post-op from lower Blepharoplasty. The incisions underneath the eyelash line have faded almost completely.

The area I am concerned about is the smile-line incision(s) that extended out to the corner of my eyes. Do these scars tend to fade away as nicely over time? Currently they are still quite red and somewhat raised.

Right now these scars make me look as if I have crows feet, which I did not have any trace of prior to surgery.

2-3 months

+2

It usually takes approximately two to three months for the incisions on the upper eyelids to heal. At four weeks they tend to go through a red and lumpy-bumpy phase, which finally settles down to more of a pink line for an additional month, and that settles to a very fine white line after approximately two to three months.

Don't worry about Blepharoplasty scars

+2

4 weeks after Blepharoplasty is way too soon to be worried. These types of incisions almost always heal well. Be careful with the sun and allow at least 10-12 more weeks before you worry!

In the meantime, you could also use a topical silicone based scar gel to help accelerate the healing. 

Hope that helps.

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scars usually heal very well

+2

Blepharoplasty scar usually heal very well.  The lateral scar may be more visible and it is best that you stay in close contact with your surgeon for reassurance and possible future treatment.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD