Had a lower bleph with CO2 Dot laser treatment. It's been 3 days since my surgery. Is Medral pak helpful for swelling?

Post 3 days after lower bleph & Dot laser. I am still extremely swollen & bruised . Is that normal. Doctor gave me Medral Dose pak to help with the swelling. Do you also find this to be helpful?

MEDROL FOR SWELLING AFTER EYELID SURGERY

+1
Yes, low-dose steroid therapy can be helpful to speed up the resolution of swelling following eyelid surgery.  Steroids can potentially slow down the body's ability to heal and fight infection, so consult your surgeon prior to beginning treatment.  Good luck!

Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

DOT - CO2 laser and blepharoplasty - eyelid surgery

+1
Yes.

A Medrol dose pack (steroid) is helpful with regards to swelling created from both the lower eyelid surgery and the laser skin treatment.

Swelling can be reduced even more when the steroid is started right before the procedure, but yes - it is hepful to reduce unwanted edema or swelling.

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon