Pains in my Stomach After 6 Months, is This Normal?

I had my Tummy Tuck June 19th, 6 months ago and I have started having pains in my stomach. It feels like where the Dr sewed my muscle tight. It's on both sides of my belly botton, about 4 inches. I can move a certain way or cough or sneeze and it feels like the pain did right after I had my surgery. Do you think I have pulled something a lose or maybe could be getting my feeling back? Should I be concerned?

+1

Without some further history and an actual exam, it is not really possible to give you a useful response, except to suggest seeing your surgeon to review the symptoms and to be examined. 

I would not be concerned, but the only valid reassurance will come from the surgeon.

Thanks and best wishes. 

Pain 6 Months after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the discomfort that you are experiencing at this point. However, you will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice, without direct examination and a good diagnosis.

You will be best off following up with your plastic surgeon for  direct examination.

Persistent pains in abdomen 6 months after a tummy tuck

+1

Without more specifics regarding your pain as well as a thorough examination, it is impossible to determine the exact cause of your problem. I suggest that you have your plastic surgeon re-examine you to better determine what is going on. You can also seek a second opinion from a reputable board certified plastic surgeon if you still feel unsure after this.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Stomach Pains After Tummy Tuck

+1

Before your tummy tuck, did your belly stick out or bulge from a loose abdominal wall?  If it did, does it look like that again? If it does bulge now, this may need to be repaired to improve contour.  If you do not have a bulge then it does not need to be repaired. 

Pains after a Tummy Tuck

+1

One of the permanent sutures used to plicate your muscles could have pulled apart. This is ok and usually no further treatment is necessary. I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon for an exam.

Leo Lapuerta, MD