Lower Abs Bulging After Mini Tummy Tuck? (photo)

i had lipo 10 yrs ago. loved the results, flat 6 pack abs. over the yrs I gained about 10 pds and the skin around my bellybutton and lower abs started to sag. A mini tummy tuck with lipo was recommended and it was confirmed that my abs were not seperated from pregnancy, so no tightening was needed. 5 months post surgery my lower abs stick out. The dr said my abs are now seperated and it will never go back to being fully flat like before. Does this make sense

Lower Abdominal Bulge after Liposuction and MIni-Tummy Tuck

+1

If your surgeon has examined you and feels that the abs are bulging because of separation, then repair of the separated muscles with sutures WILL help to flatten that bulge. A follow up discussion with your surgeon regarding this issue may help.

Thanks for your photos and question. Best of luck!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

What is Lower Abdominal “Bulge”?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Direct physical examination would be necessary to give you precise advice; the lower abdominal wall “bulge” may be skin/adipose tissue  and/or  abdominal wall muscle laxity.

You will be best off with in person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons.

Lower Abs Bulging After Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Not seeing pre-op photos, I can't comment on that part of the case. From the post-op photo, given the history of no abdominal tightening, I would suggest  that abdominal wall tightening is what will benefit you now. 

Thanks and best wishes. 

Lower Abs Bulging After Mini Tummy Tuck?

+1

I agree with you but the ONLY way to repair is to open and do lower abdominal muscle repair. Seek in person second opinions.