Can Scar Revision Lower Down Abdominal Scar?

Can my scar be lowered? And how low? Would it be worth the revision? I am 4 months out of surgery and am very unhappy with my scar. I asked my doctor to stay below a line (I brought pants in the day of surgery) and he did not do so. And he did not even do it like a smile or straight across, he did like a U or V shaped scar.

I'm not old and I don't wear brazilian bikinis, I stressed that to him also. I am 29 and was really looking forward to low rise jeans but thats not happening unless I fix my scar. What happened to looking at details?

Abdominoplasty and tummy tuck scars that are visible

+1

I would recommend scar improvement lasers and topical Melaquin PM creams to reduce the visibility of your scars. 

Lowering an abdominoplasty scar

+1

Most scars can be revised and improved.

But, I am afraid, in your case it is going to be quite difficult. I can easily see why you are unhappy. But the two ends of the scar are quite high to alter easily.

May I suggest that you try to lose some weight (though you do not appear much overweight) and wait for a year or so - these two together may create enough laxity in the skin, so that the scar can be revised and pulled down to a lower position.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Lowering abdominal scars

+1

Sometimes, it is difficult to lower abdominal scars especially after you have had a tummy tuck. Often, you have to wait at least a year to try to revise a scar.

Lowering abdominal scar

+1

Can scar revision lower down abdominal scar? Easy answer is YES. Go see a board certified Plastic surgeon in your area. As for what happened, very hard to say.

Scar revision to lower down abdominal scar

+1

No need to be Blue. You did not state WHAT surgery you had and what kind of surgeon you had do it.

It appears you had at least one child. You have a lot of stretch marks and skin excess but overall have a nice figure. My advice to you is to consider having a full Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck).

The Tummy Tuck will remove the old scar (? C section), remove much of the damaged, stretch marks covered skin between your privates and belly button, put together your separated 6 pack muscles, TOTALLY flatten your tummy, lift a sagging mons pubis and if a Lockwood (high lateral tension) Abdominoplasty is done, lift your anterior thighs smoothing any cellulite dimpling.

In my opinion an Abdominoplasty would be THE BEST SCAR REVISION method available to you. Done well, its scar could be hidden under most conventional panties such as VS etc.