Lower 2nd to Last Tooth Pulled 5 Days Ago and I Am Having Pain and Jaw Stiffness Still? (photo)

I have my tooth pulled 5 days ago. I was first prescribed Motrin but the pain was unbearable that now I have Vicodin. I am still in pain, it starts of gradual during the day but at night its excruciating pain. I wake up in the middle of the night from the pain...Is it normal to have pain this long. Along with pain it feels like I have lock jaw/jaw stiffness in the same area where the tooth was pulled.

Severe Pain 5 Days After Molar Extraction

+1

I cannot tell anything from your photos. I suggest you return to your dentist/oral surgeon for a follow-up X-ray to rule out a dry socket, or root fragment.

New York Cosmetic Dentist