Can an Umbilicoplasty Fix my Belly Button? (photo)

I have tried to fix my belly button three times already. First time dermal fat, second time fat transfer. These two attempts helped on making the area less indented. The third time was thermage and that didn't helped to tighten the skin. I believe the area that needs to be fixed right above the belly button is small enough that an unbilicoplasty would be an option. What do you think?

Umbilicoplasty options

+1

I agree with the others that your umbilicus does not look too abnormal. There is a small excess hood of skin superiorly that could be trimmed if you are willing to accept a small scar that should hide nicely.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Umbilicoplasty for Improving Belly Button Shape

+1

An umbilicoplasty that removes the overhanging hood of skin on top would help improve the shape of your belly button. This is a procedure that could be done under local anesthesia.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Umbilicaoplasty

+1

Hello lidia879,

I do not think your umbilicus looks that unusual, if you are set on trying to fix it then surgery can improve it.

All the best

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Can an Umbilicoplasty Fix my Belly Button?

+1

Dear Lidia,

Thank you for your question and photos.  While your belly button doesn't look that bad, certainly an umbilicoplasty will help define it.  This is an example of an umbilicoplasty.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon