Can an Umbilicoplasty Fix my Belly Button? (photo)

I have tried to fix my belly button three times already. First time dermal fat, second time fat transfer. These two attempts helped on making the area less indented. The third time was thermage and that didn't helped to tighten the skin. I believe the area that needs to be fixed right above the belly button is small enough that an unbilicoplasty would be an option. What do you think?

Doctor Answers 4

Umbilicoplasty options

I agree with the others that your umbilicus does not look too abnormal. There is a small excess hood of skin superiorly that could be trimmed if you are willing to accept a small scar that should hide nicely.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

7735 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46804

Umbilicoplasty for Improving Belly Button Shape

An umbilicoplasty that removes the overhanging hood of skin on top would help improve the shape of your belly button. This is a procedure that could be done under local anesthesia.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 53 reviews

Indiana University Health North Hospital
Carmel, IN 46032


Hello lidia879,

I do not think your umbilicus looks that unusual, if you are set on trying to fix it then surgery can improve it.

All the best

Stephen Salerno


Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

767 Mt Alexander Road
Moonee Ponds, VIC 3039

You might also like...

Can an Umbilicoplasty Fix my Belly Button?

Dear Lidia,

Thank you for your question and photos.  While your belly button doesn't look that bad, certainly an umbilicoplasty will help define it.  This is an example of an umbilicoplasty.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

8900 Raintree
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.