Scar Release? 4 Months Post Breast Implant Removal, Sunken Scars?

I am 4 months post breast implant removal, and the scars on the lower part of the areola are sunken in because they are attached to the chest muscle. I would like to know if it is possible to release the scar tethering without surgery. I really don't want to have another surgery. Can agressive manipulation break the tethering that is causing my nipple to look caved in?

Post Breast Implant Removal Scarring

+1

Thank you for your question. It is very unlikely that there is a non-surgical option that would remedy this problem for the long term. Have an exam with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and allow them to evaluate the problem. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Tethering of scar from breast to nipple

+1

Time will tell itf the scar area will improve and may very well do so over the next several months. I would not rush to revise the scar just yet.

Tethering of Scar after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise device without direct examination but the combination of time and massage may improve the situation significantly. In my opinion, the most important factor will be ongoing time;  you may find that over the course of the next few months ( and even year) the scar will soften up than less tethering will be present.

I would suggest continued patience and continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm

+1

Hard to answer without a photo, but it does seem possible. My best suggestion is to discuss this with your surgeon. All the best.