What to Do with Low Breasts After Breast Augmentation?

How can I figure out if its not just my opinion and what can I do now?

Bottoms Up

+2

What you do have is bottoming out of the implants. This is most likely nothing the surgeon did but your tissue and they have given too much and now the bottom of the implants are too low on your chest.

It is a difficult problem to fix because the fix may not be permanent, specially if the implants are on the larger side. The weight of the implant tends to disrupt the repair over time.

At this point what I would do is a capsulorrhaphy, or repair and tightening of the capsule underneath to bring up your crease or tuck. If this fails, the other option is to repair the capsule, keep the implants out for a few month to allow everything to heal and scar down then go back in to place the implants again.

Good luck.

See your surgeon.

+1
It is difficult to determine your concern without photos or a physical examination. Were your breasts low before your surgery? Have they bottomed out? Please see your surgeon and ask to see your before and after photos, which can give you some perspective. Best of luck. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Low riding or "bottomed out" implants

+1

Low breasts or "bottomed out" breasts typically are treated with the use of smaller implants and an inferior capsulorrhaphy

Bottoming out repair

+1

It looks like you need your implant pocket revised especially on your right side. Were your breasts different from one another before surgery? Getting them more similar to each other might require a little work.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Repair of bottoming out

+1

Your implants sit too low in the pocket that was created at the time of your surgery. This can be improved upon by plicating or sewing up the pocket to better support your implants. There are other techniques as well referred to as the "neo pocket" or come plastic surgeons will use a material called Alloderm which can be quite expensive. If your plastic surgeon does not seem to think there is an issue, I would recommend you make a consultation with aboard-certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in revision surgery. This does not mean your primary plastic surgeon intentionally caused this, it can happen. Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

You are "bottomed out"

+1

Your implants are to low from your photos.  Either they were placed too low (rarely) or they dropped (more common).  Either way, the excess pocket below needs to be repaired and the implants repositioned higher.  This is not as simple as it sounds so your surgeon needs to be experienced! 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Bottoming out of implants

+1

It looks like from your photos that you have bottoming out. That is why your nipples seem to pointing to the sky ( especially on the right).  It looks like you need to have the bottoming out repaired with sutures to make the pocket smaller.