Love Handles or Ab Muscle Deformity?

Do I have love handles or is this some sort of oblique ab muscle deformity? I'm thin and pretty toned but this extra flesh hanging over the top of my hips won't go away no matter what I do. If they are love handles, am I a good candidate for lipo? If so, about how much can I expect to pay in the Los Angeles area?

Liposuction should help sculpt your abdomen and sides quite nicely.

+2

Liposuction under local anesthesia with the micro canulas should help sculpt your abdomen and sides for around $5000 as a special.  You can be back to work in 2 days and exercising in 1 week.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Flank excess

+1

There is nothing lovely about love handles.  From the picture it appears that they would be suitable for liposuction, but a physical exam would be the best way to determine if this is muscle or fat.

Navin K. Singh, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Love handle treatment

+1

From the photos you look like you are in good shape.  The excess tissue you are concerned about in the hip/flank region certainly could be fat, loose skin, or the muscle itself.  It is hard to sya withotu an exam. As for cost if it is fat, LA prices are different from NYC.

Liposuction Should result in a GREAT Result

+1

Regarding ; " Love handles or ab muscle deformity?  Do I have love handles or is this some sort of oblique ab muscle deformity? I'm thin and pretty toned but this extra flesh hanging over the top of my hips won't go away no matter what I do. If they are love handles, am I a good candidate for lipo? If so, about how much can I expect to pay in the Los Angeles area?"

WOW! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  LA IS a tough place IF people with your build are viewed as "deformed".
Truly - I see NO Love Handles. I see NO Abdominal muscle deformity. I see NO Muffin top.

All I see is a FANTASTIC figure (which 99% of the surgeons on this panel wished they had) with minimal fat deposits. You should do phenomenally well with a Hi Def, three Dimensional type of Liposuction done by an expert Plastic Surgeon.

I wish I had more patients with figures like yours coming to my office.

Good Luck. You will do GREAT.

Dr. Aldea

Liposuction should be great for you.

+1

Dear All

You need to appreciate that you are not so far from a great tummy.  You are muscular and have built up your obliques.  There is more fullness here from localized fat.  However, this is not a "muffin top."  The surgeons who indicate that it is the surgeon and not the machine are right on.  Hard to believe but you need some fat under the skin to prevent the skin from scaring down to the muscle.  This sometimes occur with over aggressive liposuction which is not so uncommonly seen with some of the liposuction machines.  Just remember that this is a sculpting technique and has nothing to do with getting all the fat out.

Love handle liposuction

+1

Without examining you it appears that your contour change is related to adiposity in the love handles and it is not lying in the anatomical direction of the external abdominal oblique muscle.  You may be an excellent candidate for liposuction so please see a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologic surgeon for consultation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Love handle liposuction.

+1

You are a god candidate for liposuction in discrete areas. It is the experience of the surgeon, not the type of machine used that makes the difference. All machines remove the fat. but not all surgeons do the same quality of work-choose wisely.

Liposuction for Love Handles

+1

From your picture, it appears that you have a small  amount of fat sitting on your otherwise well toned abdomen, off to the sides ( love handles). I would think a small amount of focused lipo ( there are about 20 different kinds people market - they are all pretty much the same - VASER, ultrasonic, smart, feather, power assisted, etc.)) would do the trick for you.  WIth regards to cost, it is probably somewhere between $2000-$5000.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Love handles or ab muscle deformity

+1

You have the "muffin top" fat of the love handles. Smart Lipo + lipo is the choice I would make for you. Seek opinions in person. From MIAMI Dr. B