What Size Implants Should I Choose? (photo)

I have seen so many pictures of different size implants and no one size gives the same results. I am 31 and I am 5"5 and I weigh 130 lbs. I haven't had any kids, yet. I am looking for natural looking breasts. I am currently using a 34b from VS, but I am more of an a cup. I am thinking of 500cc on left and 475cc on right. Dr. is recommending high profile implants. Do you think this would give me the results I want? Also, would it be wise to get the different sizes? I Would Love Your Opinions Please...I'm So Confused.

What size implant to "choose"

+2

This is like saying, "what size shoe or dress should I choose?" One cannot just pick an implant size and make it work or choose a result and make it happen, and I am surprised by the responses here that imply that the patient can just choose whatever implant size. In rhinoplasty that is like choosing a picture of someone else's nose and saying I want my nose to look like that. Just do it. It's sometimes called the "Michael Jackson" problem. 

Without an exam and measurements, I cannot be certain but I would expect a 500 cc implant in your chest and breast base size to be a potential disaster. The way to understand breast implant sizing is to know what "size" (meaning diameter) implant will fit your breasts, what options for volume there are in implants available with that "size" and then what effect these choices will have. The maximum increase in apparent breast size for normal width breasts such as yours is two cup sizes. If you think that will look "natural" on you then you need a round implant that is about 1cm less diameter than the base width of your breast upright, with your arms down. The "high" forward volume (profile) in this implant would be tolerated by your tissues because the base width (diameter) fits your breast. The number of cc's are looked up by the diameter of the implant and the profile choice, not starting with the cc's of volume and working backward. 

In general, I would also discourage using different size implants for your left and right breasts. Different size implants will have different widths and this is not how to achieve breast symmetry. Saline-filled implants have a minor advantage of allowing for close to the same size (width) implant having different fill volumes but still being properly filled. In gel-filled implants this can't be done. If you choose gel-filled implants I would go with the same size implants as the difference in volume between your breasts isn't that great and in reality, if the volume of the implant doubles the size of your breasts then the difference between them will now be half what it was. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+2

Hi Serina. Choosing an implant is an important decision between you and your surgeon. You can measure the distance across your chest wall and match the size of the implant, or try them on before surgery. 500cc will be large for you, but that is your choice. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Then the two of you can make a good decision.

SIze: Choices and Compromises

+2

Choosing the optimal size for yourself is a very important part of the preparation for surgery and one where your surgeon plays an important role.

Your surgeon will determine if the size you want will fit your chest.

Your surgeon can also give you an estimation of what shape your chosen size may produce in the implant profile that will fit your chest.

Sometimes a preferred size, may produce a shape that is not your ideal; sometimes the implant that would produce the shape you like may not be the size you prefer. You may have to prioritize size or shape to get the compromise you think best for you.

In my practice, we utilize a 3D digital imaging technology to produce a visual image of the patients own body with different implants to help the patient see those differences and to help with the decision.

Web reference: http://www.drzwiebel.com

Denver Plastic Surgeon

What Size Implants Should I Choose?

+2

Your breast shape is quite natural looking now. A modest sized implant will maintain a natural appearance. Chances are that a 500 cc implants will look fake, and have the shape of the implant. 

One general guideline is to choose an implant no wider than the breast width. A 500 cc HP implant is 13 cm wide. I don't know your breast width, but based on the photos, height and weight I would be surprised if it were that width. many surgeons feel the high profile implants tend to result is less natural a look that the lower profile implants. 

I am not going to guess an appropriate size for you without more info. I would suggest seeking some more opinions. All the best. 

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “ D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Having said that, I do not feel that a 500 mL HP  breast implant will necessarily give you what most people would consider a “natural look”. In my opinion, a moderate or moderate plus profile implant will be more likely to do so.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

What Size Implants to Choose

+2

There is no question that everyone views size differently. You state that you are looking for natural breasts, with high profile implants and 500cc you may not look natural at all. High profile look much more "fake" for lack of better term as they are very dome like. Silicone implants definitely look and feel more natural. You may want to consider moderate plus silicone implants. In the end, it's your decision and it's about what you want. You have great shape so you'll have a great result. 

Sizing a breast implant

+2

First, you have a nice starting point.  You need to carefully communicate what "natural" means to you in the exact "look" you want because if you really mean natural, a 500HP will not be that. The right implant is the one which has a base diameter that mathes your chest diameter and has a profile that will give the upper pole "look" you want.

What implant size is right?

+2

Young women who have not had children often face a choice between large implants v. a natural look.  You tissues are tight, and an implant in the size range that your are considering will produce a rounded upper breast that looks somewhat artificial and feels overly firm.  If a natural look and feel is important to you, a smaller implant (250 to 350 cc) may be a better choice.  You might also consider one of the newly approved silicone gel shaped implants (Sientra or Natrelle 410) to get a more natural slope to the upper breast.

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-augmentation-7001

IMPLANT SIZE AND BRA SIZE

+1

IMPLANT SIZE AND BRA SIZE

see my previous posts on this topic

This implant size should achieve a full D cup in a 34 bra.  the high profile is related to your breast diameter and that of the implant of that volumen