Love Handles Uneven Right After Liposuction

I had abdominal lipo yesterday, and the right and left sides of my waist are distinctly uneven. My left side cuts in sharply at the bottom of my rib cage, while the right side curves down smoothly, the way I hope it will look in a few months. Is this cause for concern? Thanks.

Early uneven result with liposuction

+1

Liposuction will always be uneven at first.   In general you are 50% of the way there at 6 weeks and 80% at 3 months.    When large areas are treated with liposuction there is always some degree of fluid retention.   Liposuction is really more about how much fat is left behind and not how much fat is removed. You can remove all of the fat and it will not look very good.

Different contours

+1

After liposuction you can have unequal distribution of swelling and even retained liposuction fluid.  I would follow your surgeon's instructions.  Allow things to settle to determine your final shape/contour.

Good Luck

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Liposuction results should be pretty symmetrical right away.

+1

Hi.

Do not panic.  You could have much more swelling after liposuction in one side than in the other.  But it is not a good sign.  You will know for sure in four months if you need a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Love handles uneven right after liposuction

+1

Too early to tell. You may have swelling. You must wait for at least 3 weeks. I have seen this occur and in  most cases there is a settling over a few weeks. But redos are also able to be done at 3 months.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Asymmetry after liposuction

+1
You may be te$porarily more swollen on one side making it difficult to determine what your final result will be. It would be too early to revise so let your surgeon know you have a concern, wear your compression garment,be patient but make sure you make all scheduled follow-up appointments.

Ronald Shelton, MD