Should I Wait TIl I Gain More Weight to Get CoolSculpting?

I Have Love Handles That Get Smaller when I Am at my Lowest Weight, I Am Scheduled for Cool Sculpting this week. will the results be less because I have shrunken fat cells rather than bigger ones right now

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is ideal in a physically-fit patient to reduce the bulge of fat that is stubborn

+1

It is always better to do an elective cosmetic treatment in a patient who is in their healthiest shape. Please don't purposely gain more fat to have more reduced with Zeltiq. See a doctor to make sure you're a candidate.

Gain weight for CoolSculpting?

+1

It is advisable to be at your goal weight or at the lowest healthy weight you can easily maintain prior to a CoolSculpting treatment. Provided the handpiece is secure on the treated area, and you have been cleared by your doctor's office as a good candidate, you should have a positive result

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Should You Gain Weight Prior to Coolsculpting?

+1

No, I do not suggest that you gain weight prior to having this procedure.  It is best to be at your lowest, most stable weight.

Weight Gain and CoolSculpting

+1

If you are obese, gaining weight, not in control of your weight, CoolSculpting is not the best option. A good candidate is within 25 or so pounds of their ideal body weight and has bulges of fat that are isolated, the lower belly and flanks are perfect examples. Therefore, do not wait to gain more weight. It is best to have this treatment performed as close to your normal weight as possible.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Ideal time for Coolsculpting

+1

The best results from Coolsculpting aren't dependent as much on your current weight or size of the fat cells but more so on how well your problem areas can be drawn into the treatment applicator.  If you are too thin or firm to have your love handles go into the applicator sufficiently then you won't get ideal results. It's not a matter of the applicator just attaching but the maximum amount of fat being drawn up and treated. Good luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting at a lower weight

+1

Ultimately the best results for Coolsculpting are related to the type of fat, location and amount of fat. Your physician should advise you as to whether you are an appropriate candidate but I would not recommending waiting until you gain weight to undergo treatment.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Results

+1

It should not make any difference. CoolSculpting will remove about 20% of fat per treatment. In the future whether you gain or lose weight, you will always look 20% slimmer than you would have without CoolSculpting.

William M. Ramsdell, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon