I Would Like to Know the Best Way to Approach my Ps to Tell Him I'm Still Not Fully Satisfied? (photo)

I expressed my cocerns at 3 month check up and he said see you at your one year anniversary. I mean is it a year you wait to think about revision or was I just not being acknowledged with my concerns. I really think I have one that is a perfect large C and the other is a perfect small D. What is anyone's thoughts please. Thanks.

I Would Like to Know the Best Way to Approach my Ps to Tell Him I'm Still Not Fully Satisfied?

+1

This is a reasonable result, particularly if there was asymmetry prior to the surgery. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

How to approach your dr...

+1

Keep in mind that at 3 months you still have some swelling (however slight) and your breast will continue to change for up to 12 months. Also, the implants have not "settled" down into the pocket, this just takes some time. However, this does not mean that you will have "perfect" symmetry when all is settled and healed. It is not unusual to have a slight asymmetry either with a natural breast, or an augmented breast. You may have had a slight difference in size prior to surgery and this would still be present after (and in fact, may be more noticeable since they are now enlarged). You did not indicate if you had silicone or saline implants, but if you have silicone they are pre-filled and have no adjustability. If someone should have a fairly noticeable or substantial asymmetry a larger or smaller implant on one side can sometimes make them more symmetrical. A saline implant has the ability to be filled (over-filled or under-filled) to account for a difference in sizes (however more women still prefer the gel implants since they look and feel more natural). How to approach your Dr.? I would recommend waiting until your 12 month post-op appt and review your before and after photos at that time; however remember a slight amount of asymmetry is not uncommon or unusual.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

+1

It is almost impossible to tell anything from your one photo that doesn't include the top of your breasts and the fact that there is no preoperative photo. That being said, the part you can see looks acceptable. If you had shape asymmetry preoperatively, the breast can be made more symmetrical, but never exactly equal, even using different size implants. I explain to my patients that your breast are "sisters, not twins" and usually are not exactly alike.

Donald Griffin, MD

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

+1

Sorry to hear you are not happy. By the looks of the one photo you posted, your breasts are only slightly off. The majority of women are not symmetric (and you probably weren't either before surgery). Most plastic surgeons would agree that re-operating after just 3 months for a minor asymmetry like yours is not advised. Things will likely change and the asymmetry you see today may be minimized at the one year visit. Remember that all surgery can have complications and that the enemy of good is "better" or "perfection".

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

I would express my concerns to your surgeon and look at preoperative and postoperative views of your breasts together with him

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon