Can Fat Transfer Migrate? (photo)

I am 10 days post op for corrigator resection with fat transfer to frown lines and above upper lip. I now have a large lump above each eye towards the inner corner with the left eye being worse than the right. Is this due to fat transfer migration? And if so, what can be done to get rid of these. These are extremely sore to touch or massage even though I have tried to do this. Also upper lip now looks swollen and I have lost sight of lip when smiling. Seems fat has migrated downward?

Fat does not migrate.

+1

Fat does not migrate. Initially after surgery, you have swelling which camouflages the fat. As the swelling recedes, you will start seeing the true results. Everyone swells and heals differently, so your body to heal. At three months you will have a true appreciation for the final results. As always, have discussions of your concerns with your surgeon.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon