Which thigh procedure is best recommended for mine? (photo)

Had RnY 2008 went from 525 to 285..then had abdomnioplasty/panniculectomy in 2010 35lbs removed. Had second panniculectomy recently was 250 at surgery time havent weighed since procedure. My surgeon at this time doesnt cover leg surgeries so my insurance (tricare prime) will be sending me to a different dr ..what procedure (s) would my thighs and possibly buttocks fall into ..I like to do my research ahead of time..thankyou

Thigh lift after massive weight loss

To address the front and inner thighs, you would be best suited to have a medial thigh lift after losing so much weight.

There are a variety of different ways to perform a thigh lift surgery. The appropriate technique depends on the degree of skin laxity and also the degree of fatty excess. The length and position of the scar can vary greatly depending on how much loose skin there is in the thighs and if this isolated to the upper third of the thigh or involves the lower two thirds of the thigh. There may be a horizontal component of the scar that is in or close to the groin crease and can be both in front and under the buttock crease. There can also be a vertical component of the scar the extends down the inner thigh. These can also be used in alone or in combination. In your case, you will need both horizontal and vertical components to address the degree of skin excess of your thighs.

In some cases, liposuction of the thigh can greatly complement the result, especially when there is fatty excess combined with skin excess. It appears that you would also benefit from thigh liposuction during your thigh lift.

1421 Hurontario Street
Mississauga, ON L5G 3H5

Thigh lift or Liposuction which one is best?

Dear P Hicks,
The best option for excess skin and fat of the thigh is medial thigh lift.
If there is adequate skin tone and lack of significant stretch marks, liposuction can also be helpful.
I would recommend being evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all your options.
Hope this was helpful,
Dr Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

496 Old Newport Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92663

Thigh Lift

Based on the picture posted, There are two options
1: First surgery, liposuction thigh. Second surgery thigh lift with vertical and transverse groin incisions
2: One surgery with liposuction and vertical thigh lift with transverse incision at the groin.
With medial thigh lift in your case, with your weight ,  you are at high risk for wound healing problems and deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary emboli.
Prior to surgery you should be at top health status with no significant associated health conditions.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218