What options do I have for my wide bridge nose? (photo)

I don't see anyone on here with a nose like mine. I'm not sure if I need to be looking for a surgeon with a certain specialty. Realistically, can I get this bridge dramatically slimmed? I'm just afraid to pick a doctor that wouldn't know what to do with a nose like mine... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What options do I have for my wide nose?

+2

The bridge of the nose can be made narrower with rhinoplasty surgery. Osteotomies (fracturing of the nasal bones) can be performed to narrow the nose. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to examine your nose in person and provide you with advice, and determine what would be necessary to help you obtain the best possible result. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Rhinoplasty for wide nasal bridge

+2

To narrow the wide nasal bridge a combination of medial and lateral osteotomies may need to be performed. Minor adjustments may be needed in the tip and bridge. For many examples similar to your own, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photos gallery

Rhinoplasty for the wide nasal bridge with hump.

+2

Rhinoplasty for the wide nasal bridge with hump can be greatly improved by narrowing the bridge and removing the hump. Because you have a very short nose you need to see a very experienced surgeon so your nose is not made any shorter.

Wide nasal bridge

+2
Your nose can be improved with moving the nasal bone to narrow the bridge. You may also need cartilage grafting to the nose which will also produce the appearance of narrowing the bridge. Good luck. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

What options do I have for my wide bridge nose?

+2

The bridge of your nose can be narrowed without much difficulty with a closed rhinoplasty approach.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for wide nose

+2

A wide nose can be narrowed by a variety of means. Osteotomies or cuts in the bone can narrow the upper third, whereas cartilage sculpting can help manage the tip and middle vault. Most experienced surgeons have a variety of before and after photos for you to view. In San Diego, we commonly perform computer imaging to give you an idea of what is reasonable for you. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving Wide Nasal Bridge

+1

The increased width of your bridge and entire nose is a problem that I frequently see in patients consulting re rhinoplasty surgery. The most difficult part of your surgery will be selecting an experienced surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasties.