Compression Bra With Band On Top, But I Feel Like the Bottom of Breasts Should Be Bigger?

My PS has be wearing a compression bra with the band on top after my breast augmentation. I am 3 weeks post op and of course my breast are still high and swollen but It seems the bottom of my breast should be bigger. I know that i should wait for at least 3 months for them to be in place. I just think my compression bra may be too tight and that is why it seems to be smaller on the bottom. Any advice?

Concerns about Breast Size after Breast Augmentation…

+2

Thank you for the question but you will find that your plastic surgeon will be of the best position to guide you. He/she will be able to evaluate the bra and determine whether you'll be better off with a larger one.

As you know, breast implants may take several months to fully “settle” and round out the lower poles of the breasts;  sometimes when the breast implants do “drop and fluff” the breasts do appear larger to the patient.  See if your plastic surgeon recommends massage to help  with the settling process.

Compression Bra Too TIght?

+2

If the bras is too tight it is possible that it is pushing up on the implants, working against the band. The only way to know is to see your surgeon or send him or her a photo if that cannot be arranged. 

At three weeks it is quite common to have high riding implants without the expected filling of the lower part of the breasts. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Bra and band after augmentation

+1

I do not usually use a band on top of the breasts to help push the implants down.  If this is what your surgeon wants, you should ask him to review the post-op care instructions.

Compression Device Will Help Implants Descend

+1

The compression device that your plastic surgeon has you wearing places downward pressure on the top of the implant and the top of your breast.  This will assist in filling out the lower portion of your breasts rather than preventing it.

John Whitt, MD

Hello

+1

Without a picture or exam it is very hard to give you adequate advice. It sounds like you will be wearing the breast band for a while the tighter it is on top of your breast the faster the implants will drop. You need to check with your PS to make sure you are following his protocol after surgery.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS