Concerns About Tummy Tuck and Lipo Swelling

ok im getting pretty freaked out about having a TT.. Iv read that patients are still swollen 2 yrs after and they have to use a rebounder daily and eat low carb foods etc to control the swelling ... they also had lipo on their flanks which has caused terrible swelling to their legs, and a fat deposists to the bottom as the fat will not go back on the flanks but got to go some where,is this true?? i have a big bottom as it is this true

Risks and complications of tummy tuck and liposuction deterring you from surgery

+1

You seem to be focusing on the negatives instead of the positives. While what you have reported can happen to some, it generally does not happen to most patients undergoing the procedure. It would be similar to focusing on all the horror stories about driving before getting into a car and that could make you insane. Discuss the likely risks and complications rather than the rare ones.

Tummy tuck and swelling

+1

In general, the majority of swelling from a tummy tuck lasts a few weeks.  But, there is residual swelling that may last up to a year. I have never heard or seen it at two years

Tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

Although I do not peform such surgeries as abdominoplasties (tummy tucks) I see many patients who have had them from plastic surgeons with great results. Whatever you have read or heard about does not happen as the norm. Every surgery has its risks, but the percent of patients experiencing complications is very low. See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation where your concerns can be addressed.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Recovery from Tummy Tuck / Abdominoplasty

+1

As with any surgery, there is a period of recovery.  Each patient is different, but on average, tummy tuck patients take a week to 10 days off from work and they are back to their normal activities within two weeks.  The majority of swelling resolves during this time, but you will continue to see positive changes over the next several months.  I have my patients wear a binder for two weeks after surgery.  Some patients decide to wear the garment or binder longer, but I do not feel it is medically necessary.  2 years of recovery, as you mentioned, is not realistic.  Good luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD

+1

Your concerns concern me as you are being unrealistic. The combination of a TT + lipo occurs daily without these issues. Best to see in person a boarded surgeon.