Lots of Small Wounds All Around Areola After Reduction. Will These Small Wounds Heal?

Two months ago I had the areola of my left breast reduced. A lot of scab has formed all around the areola and the scars are still red. My underwear sticks to the scab. As a result, part of the scab gets pulled out everytime I remove my underwear. At many places, the skin is bare now and I got many small wounds. Moreover at these places the wounds are excreting a fluid. I am now putting sterile gauze to cover the wounds. Will these small wounds heal with time?

Wounds around areola

+1

At two months things should have healed pretty well.  If you had a circumareola reduction then possibly there were irregularities that did not heal well. You should follow closely with your surgeon.

Wounds after Areola Reduction?

+1

You should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon in the near future. In the event that he/she has used permanent suture,  these may  need to be removed before the small open wounds heal. In the meantime, you may want to use sterile “non-stick” dressings to avoid clothing sticking to the open wounds (and to keep the wounds as clean as possible).

Your plastic surgeon will be able to advise you much better in person.