I Have a Lot of Swelling After Having Both Under Eye Areas Filled with Restylane, How Long Will It Swell?

Swelling After Restylane

+1

Thank you for your question. This can take 1-2 weeks. There may be a little swelling after 2 weeks, but should be minimal. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling following Restylane treatment

+1

Swelling and bruising can persist for up to two weeks following treatment with Restylane for the tear trough. I would recommend following up with your provider regarding any concerns. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

I Have a Lot of Swelling After Having Both Under Eye Areas Filled with Restylane

+1

Swelling and bruising is normal after a filler injection, it should heal within 2 weeks time frame

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Swelling under eyes after Restylane

+1

It is combo to have swelling and even bruising under the eyes with fillers. I tell my patients to be patient and give this at least two weeks before being concerned

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

+1

Swelling and bruising is very common after a filler treatment, give it a full 2 weeks to settle to see your final result. 

Swelling after under eye filler

+1

The tear trough or under eye areas are the most prone to have prolonged swelling.  Because the skin is so thin, injection technique is critical.  I have seen swelling in this area last over a month.  If after 3-5 days you still have severe swelling, check with your physician.  You may benefit from a medrol (steroid) dose pack.  Good luck.  

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

Swelling after Restylane under the eyes

+1

Swelling and bruising can persist for 10-14 days usually. However, right after injection HA fillers like Restylane pull water to themselves so usually the first 24-48 hours are the worst. Make sure you don't press on the area, but you can put ice packs on and off if you'd like. Some patients also swear that Arnica pills or cream helps tremendously and it's available at local health food stores.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD