I Have a Lot of Spaces Between my Lower Teeth. Can a Brace Fix This for Me? (photo)

I have gaps between my front and side lower teeth. The tops edge of my bottom teeth in the very front touch each other but the bottom near the gums have gaps. Can a brace fix this?

Lot of Spaces

+2

Bonding would be a better option and less expensive too.............................................

Norwalk Cosmetic Dentist

Closing spaces between lower front teeth: bonding or braces?

+1

It would be helpful to see a photo of your teeth while biting down.  If you have an "underbite", meaning your lower front teeth line up in front of your upper front teeth, then orthodontic treatment may be the better option, otherwise a cosmetic option such as bonding or veneers would be treatment of choice.  I would recommend consulting with a cosmetic dentist knowledgeable in orthodontics.

Michael Firouzian, DDS
Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Use Braces to Close Spaces Between My Lower Front Teeth

+1

If would advise against braces to close those spaces.  Braces when closing spaces will oftentimes make your dental arch narrower and smaller, creating a situation where you may not have enough room for your tongue and possibly cause obstructive sleep apnea and jaw joint problems.

The ideal treatment for your lower teeth, in my professional opinion, is using composite bonding to make your lower teeth wider, so that instead of such a large space your lower teeth touch each other.

Norman Huefner, DDS
Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist