How Would I Get a Lot of Fullness at the Top of my Breast? (photo)

I have had several consultations and have been told above the muscle silicone implants. I personally have chosen 600 cc's and all seem to think that will be a good size. I do not care about people noticing that I have had a BA or to have a noticeable round look. BUT I do not want to look like a porn star with HUGE boobs that look completely abnormal. I know that "normal" is a personal opinion but would like to get some advise on size! Thanks

Large implants over the muscle

+2

Hi, I personally would strongly advise against using large implants like 600s over the muscle, they might give u a look you want initially but gravity will eventualy win and you will have significant sagging very soon, which will be impossible to fix without a lift and the scars that come with it. i strongly recommend you get a couple of opinions from board certified plastic surgeons and get measured and look at pictures before deciding on the large 600cc implants.

Large implants over your muscle will guarantee you do not get the look you want...

+2

Hi there-

I hate to be the negative voice in this conversation, but being as truthful and honest as possible, I need to tell you that I would be very concerned that if your goal is to have "a lot of fulness at the top" of your breasts, placing implants over your muscle (especially large ones) will almost certainly guarantee you are unhappy a year after your operation.

With implants over your muscle, the tissues supporting the weight of your breast tissue and the implant are your breast tissue, and your skin. It should be clear from the shape of your breasts that your skin and the breast tissue are not as tight, firm, and elastic as they were earlier in your life, and so are very unlikely to provide good long term support- in other words, with the plan you have outlined, I would bet that you are happy at first- but that after a year or two, you feel like your breasts have sagged way too much, and that you look like you are carrying bowling balls in pillow cases...

I would discuss this further with your surgeon and be sure this is the plan you want to proceed with.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

600cc Implants...Too large?

+2

600cc implants are quite large but that's relative and a personal opinion. You didn't disclose your height, weight and chest width but it's very possible that size may fit you nicely depending on those factors. I advise against going too large because you want them to look great ten years down the road not just immediately after. I have all my patients to go through a sizing process where they try on various sized implants. It's always helpful to wear or bring a tighter fitting shirt the day you size to see what the projection will be in clothing.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Large Breast Implants For Fullness

+1

Hi,

Thank you for posting your photos.

At 600cc above the muscle,  you maybe at risk of early sagging as mother nature will take its course and the drop of the implant will eventually happen: the larger/heavier the implant over the muscle is, the larger the sagging will be.

So I advise to seek consultations with board certified surgeons of ample experience in this field who will help you achieve your goals with the least risks possible and the best LONG-LASTING results achievable.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast fullness on top

+1

You did not mention the profile of the implant. If you use a low profile or moderate profile that is 600cc you will not have as much fullness on top and the implant will be wider than your breast tissue/chest wall. So your implant should be a HP or allergan has a style 45 which would maximize your projection on top.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

600cc implants - natural?

+1

Without examining you and taking measurements, it's hard to say.  However, I would estimate that 600cc implants over the muscle would give you a rather unnatural look that you may not want.  Also, implants that large over the muscle will put you at a higher risk for needing revisionary surgery and will cause long-term problems with the soft tissue of your breast (thinning it out severely, making future surgeries more difficult and making it harder to have a good looking breast down the road).

I'd recommend you try on a few implants and see which ones you like, and discuss the effects of large implants will have on your tissue with your surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Hall

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

How Would I Get a Lot of Fullness at the Top of my Breast?

+1

Photos are helpful as posted. But as for size choice, 600 cc very large for you. I might suggest 450 cc + fat grafting to upper poles of breast. Just a thought. 

Large implant size

+1

It is difficult to fully access what 600cc implants would do for you without taking all of your measurements and doing an in person breast exam but I would say that is a large size for your frame.  Like others suggested, you might want to put some sample implants in your bra and wear it for a few hours before you decide.  Good luck to you!

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Implant choices

+1

First, 600 cc implants are very large and may very well look like a "porn star" or stripper.  A good starting point is to do the "baggy test" with rice or water and see what you like in a loose bra over a tight t-shirt.

How would I get a lot of fullness at the top of my breasts?

+1

The larger the implant FOR YOUR SKIN AND TISSUE "ENVELOPE", the more fullness you will have at the top.  600cc implants are very, very large, and I would predict that they may give you such an amount of fullness and tightness that you will have achieved what you say you do not want, that is, the porn star look with "HUGE boobs" that look completely abnormal. This would be even more likely with implants on top of the muscle as you have less tissue to hide the upper edge of the implant.  You must also be aware of the risks involved with very larger, heavy implants...there is a greater risk of skin and tissue stretching, sagging, thinning, in other words, changes over time that may not be possible to correct even with surgery. And this may be more of a risk with heavy implants over the muscle than below the muscle.  Try on different sizers, and show the surgeon pictures of the shape and contour you are trying to achieve, and find out whether this is realistic and possible or unlikely.

Robert M. Grenley, MD