A Lot of Fluid Drainage After Lower Body Lift, Seroma Concern?

Fluid Drainage Post Body Lift

+1

Thank you for your question. Drainage varies from patient to patient, and a lot of fluid is seen in the first 48-72 hours. Then it should diminish substantially, become more clear, and in general reduce in output on an almost daily level. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Seroma concern

+1

I'm sorry, but as my colleagues have said, you did not post enough information to address your concerns.  Do you have drains?  How many days/weeks are you after surgery? etc etc.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1

No enough info to answer

Do you have drains? When was surgery? How much is "a lot?" 

A photo would also be helpful.

Best advice will come from your surgeon. 

+1

Sorry, but there is not enough information to answer.  If you have drains, are they functioning properly? You need to be seen by your surgeon if you have a concern for seroma.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fluid Drainage may be normal? Or NOT!

+1

This may be normal?  When was your surgery?  It makes a big difference if it were yesterday or last month.  More information please.  In the meanwhile do inform your surgeon.  Dripping fluid anywhere  and anytime is not something we surgeons like to see.  When fluid drips it is ALWAYS a matter of concern.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon