How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Dark Skin?

I have a lot of dark spots on my leg from an allergic reaction,what is the best treatment? I am a black woman with tan complexion

Hyperpigmentation

+1

you have dark spots as you hyperpigmented from inflammation (allergic reaction). so no treatment should be done if it is injurious to the skin or too traumatic. Laser for pigmentation might decrease the pigment in the center but increase it around the edge. A dermatologist can determine with a Wood's light if the pigment is deep or superficial. Superficial chemical peels and a prescription lightening cream can help fade the dark spots but sometimes the surrounding skin lightens too.