What Should I Do with a Lot of Crust from a Septorhinoplasty?

hI, I had a septorhinoplasty a few days ago, I am now experiencing ALOT of crusty blood(?) right under my nostrils. Its dark red. I'm not sure if its packing. The docter said he put in dissolvable packing, could it be that? My entire nostril is blocked with this dried crusty blood. Should I try to blow it out? Should I just wait and see my surgeon in 2 days? Thanks. Ps: Does having the splints/stitches removed hurt? (even if he has to do it through the crust)

Saline irrigations after septoplasty/septorhinoplasty

+1

It's normal to have crusting and some drainage immediately after septoplasty and septorhinoplasty.  Some of the congestion and crusting that you have is probably the packing your doctor used.  The best way to take care of your nose is to diligently irrigate it with saline.  Saline irrigations will help to soften and clear out the crusting and keep your nose moist - helping it heal.  It's important not to blow your nose early in the post-operative period while your septum is healing.  Removing the splints is a strange sensation, but shouldn't hurt.