I've Lost Weight Since my Consultation, Will I Need a Full Lift Now?

My consult was in Oct and was told that I would be ok with a circle lift and implants (425cc silicone unders). I'm a small B, & I've lost about 13 lbs since my consult. I told my doctor I wanted to lose 15 and he said that was Ok; however, it's probably going to end up being 20 pounds by the time I have my surgery.Preop appt is in 3.5 weeks. I'm worried I will now need a full lift. Is there a certain # of cm from bottom of neck to nipple that constitutes a full lift vs a circle lift?

Weight Loss Changing the Breast Lift

+1

It is possible that the breast deflation from weight loss can make a breast appear droopier and may increase the extensiveness of the lift.  Kenneth Hughes, HughesPlasticSurgery, Los Angeles, CA

Don't worry.

+1

Thanks for posting. You should keep your appointment and discuss these new concerns with your plastic surgeon. There's no way to know whether the weight loss has affected you that much until your PS does an exam again. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Weight loss and a breast lift.

+1

Losing weight may change the plan for your breastlift. If there is a significant reduction in breast volume with your weight loss, you may wish to have a larger implant if you liked the previous implant size. Having a discussion with your plastic surgeon prior to the preop appointment right before surgery is useful to quell your fears and to answer these questions.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

It would be very helpful to see some photos.  However, I don't think that a circular lift really accomplishes very much.  Most of the time a vertical lift with a lollipop scar is a much better procedure.  It shapes the breast better and provides more lift.  It also prevents the areolae from stretching out over time, a common problem with a circular lift.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Benelli Lift Ideal for Subtle Lifts & Nipple Areolar Control

+1

The Benelli Lift or periareolar mast openly is ideal for very conservative lifts with implants.  It is also helpful in correcting nipple Areolar asymmetries and deformities due to tuberous breast deformities.  If the nipple position is below the infra mammary fold I would recommend considering a vertical or lollipop mastopexy.  Photos and physical examination would be helpful in answering the question.  A 15 to 20 lb weight loss is unlikely to change your nipple position and the type of lift used.  It may have some effect on your preop breast volume which may affect your implant choice and final size.  You should have this discussion with your surgeon at your preop appointment.  Good luck with your weight loss and procedure!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Is a full breast lift necessary with weight reduction?

+1

Pictures would help me to provide a more complete answer.  There is no single number that can serve as a guide as to when a particular technique works best.  Here are some general observations that come from doing these procedures for quite a few years.  The circle (Benelli) lift is a nice solution for breasts that have settled just a little but need more than just an augmentation.  If there is quite a bit of overhang of the lower portion of the breast, you might want to consider a more powerful lift.  There are many good options in this regard, more than just an "anchor" lift.  If you think your breasts have settled significantly since your consultation, try to see your surgeon sooner than the preop visit.  He or she can reevaluate you and give your guidance.

John Q. Cook, MD

Lift

+1

It is difficult to answer your question with out photographs. The key to the type of lift needed is the position of your nipple to the base of your breast

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast changes with weight loss

+1

The real question is has your weight loss changed your degree of breast ptosis or sagging.  If you are at all concerned then you need to go in for another consultation with your plastic surgeon.  

Breast augment/pexy after weight loss

+1
Congratulations on the weight loss. The big question is whether your breast size and shape have changed significantly as a consequence. You should definitely return to your plastic surgeon for a second consultation under these circumstances.

Robert L. Kraft, MD