Lost Weight in my Cheeks Can They Be Filled out?

Cheeks & Weight loss

+1

Assuming you are talking about your facial cheeks, Yes! Unfortunately, as we grow older we naturally lose volume in our cheeks in both the soft tissue and bone. Fortunately, volume can be restored through a variety of simple and effective treatment options in the form of fat grafting, and permanent/temporary facial fillers.

Fat grafting is an effective method for restoring your face’s natural volume. It involves transferring fat from one part of the body to another.  Fat grafting can be permanent, though many patients feel it does not last beyond 1-2 years. 

Permanent and temporary fillers are also a great way to add fullness to sunken cheeks. Artefill® is the only non-resorbable permanent FDA approved filler on the market today.  Sculptra builds the body’s own collagen, lasts for years, and does take 2 to 6 months to see a final result.

The most important decision in facial fillers is who is performing them.

Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek shrinkage with weight loss

+1

We see a lot of patients who have been on all types of weight loss programs that do not like their collapsed cheeks following their weight loss. Most patient go with filler and I use Voluma which will last for 18 month before a refill is needed. Some like the idea of midface implants the create fullness in their cheek where the loss has occurred.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Certainly, loss of cheek volume and the overlying fatty tissue is a normal part of facial aging.  Filers (I prefer Perlane) or cheek implants can provide the appropriate aesthetic volume and shape to the cheeks.

Can cheeks be filled out after weight loss?

+1

There are a variety of options to help restore volume to the cheeks after weight loss.  Implants can be placed surgically to help and there are also different types of injectable fillers that can be used to help as well.  A facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon could give you more details about the implants and fillers, or a dermatologist could give you more information about fillers as well.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation for flat cheeks

+1

Cheek implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes depending upon what the presenting issues/ anatomy are with the cheek area. Some implants are desiged for the malar area while other implants are designed for the sub-malar area. Buccal fat pad atrophy is sometimes best treated with fillers. Please see the link below for examples of what  Cheek implants can accomplish.