Lost weight, now how do I fix my face? (photo)

I lost a lot of weight but I still have extra flab / skin on my face as well as big hollow areas. What can I do to fix this? I am a 30 year old male. Do I have to have a face lift or is there some sort of injection I can use?

Options for my face after weight loss

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss! As we lose weight we also lose fullness in the face. We want a moderate amount of fat in the face to provide nice balance and shape to the face. Without it, the face will look hollow which creates a tired, aged appearance.

Weight loss creates laxity in the skin that looks like sagging. From the picture that you provided, it appears that your skin still has good elasticity with no minimal laxity. You appear to have some residual fullness below your chin. 

I would recommend that you consider lipocontouring of your neck in order to provide a sharper definition of your jawline and chin. I would also consider either some type of dermal filler like Juvederm in your cheeks or fat transfer in order to restore some of your natural volume.

Modified facelift may help patients after significant weight loss even if they're young.

+1
The information provided in the photographs is not enough to make a formal recommendation. However, it looks as thoughA modified upper facelift might very well be a good surgical choice.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,23-atlanta-facelift.htm

Lost weight, now how do I fix my face?

+1
There are options for you.  You can have fillers to fill the area out.  Sculptra is a filler that will last approximately 2 years.  Hyaluronic Acid fillers (Juvederm/Perlane) will last about 8-12 months.  The area is fairly hollow, so a permanent cheek implant may work.  At 30, you are young, but you may benefit from a small type of lift with the fillers.

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhills-plasticsurgery.com/palmer-celebrity-facelift/

Avoid facelift

+1
You would likely benefit from facial fillers/fat injections but might also like your appearance with implants in the cheekbone and even the outer jaw area.  I would avoid a facelift at your age if possible.
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lost weight, now how do I fix my face?

+1

Once your weight is stable, micro-fat grafts can improve the cheek hollows. In general 30-50% of the fat grafts last permanently. Temporary fillers will not provide a long term correction, nor will they ultimately be as cost effective. If there is significant skin laxity, a variation of a natural appearing lift in addition to the fat grafts would enhance the cosmetic result beyond what any type of filling alone will achieve.

It is important to realize that following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and facial laxity

+1

It is important to be at  your ideal and stable body weight before undergoing any facial surgery. Homeless in the cheek area could be repaired with cheek implants inserted through intra-oral approach. Depending upon the amount of excess skin present in the face,neck and jowls, a mini lift or a neck lift may be needed

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/facelift_photos.html

Facial hollowing after weight loss

+1

Wait till your weight has stabilized. You will need a facelift combined with fat transfer to the face.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lost weight, now how do I fix my face?

+1
   Facial fat grafting is probably as reasonable a treatment alternative for a young male in your situation.

I would have to examine you to determine if anything else may be of benefit.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Facial-Fat-Grafting-and-Stem-Cell-Rejuvenation.php

Facelift or cheeklift for sagging skin.

+1
Facelift or cheeklift for sagging skin depends on an exam to see how much excess and where it is.  One or both may be needed. See a very experienced facelift surgeon. 

Flabby face

+1

In addition to losing body fat ,or better stated, losing volume of your fat cells,you have had the same situation occurring with the fat in your face . Age 30 is a bit young to consider a facelift and even if that were done it might not fix your major problem which is loss of volume to the subcuaneous layers of the face. Fat transfer with fat cells taken from other areas of your body is a procedure that could be considered. It can also be done at the same time a facelift is done. Also injecting the atrophic areas with various prepared fillers can work . Have a consult with an experienced surgeon. 

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon