Lost Invisalign Tray - Can I Advance Early?

I'm away at college and lost current tray after wearing one week. I don't have previous trays either. Called dr. on Wed. for advice and was told they'd call me back on mon. Can I advance early just this one time? How long does it take to get replacement tray?

Lost aligners can be fixed with moving to the next one!

+1

Sometimes this is the case..You can try in your next set of aligners and see how  they fit? Dont break them trying to force them in early. If they snap right in and the seat all the way down into place then you should be fine..If it feels odd then you need replacement aligners. That takes afew weeks of time..You should always save all your aligners due to this reason alone..SAVE,SAVE,SAVE all your aligners.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign early advance?

+1

Yes you can advance one time early, but please do not make a habit of it.
Dr. Barba

Antoaneta Barba, DDS
Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Lost Invisalign Tray

+1

You should do fine moving on to the next tray as long as it goes all the way to place. The average time to wear each tray is 2 weeks, but there is flexibility built into the system. Be sure to write your name and phone number on the box and keep the tray in the box when not in use. Good luck on your beautiful smile. 

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign trays can be started a little early

+1

Trays for Invisalign SHOULD be changed every 2 weeks, but in a pinch, one week should be fine.  Sometimes the next aligner is worn for 3 weeks to resume the orignal timeframe, but I don't think it is critical to do so.

Replacement aligners can take a few weeks to be fabricated, so my advice would be to move on to the next one.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist