Ive Lost 3 Stone in Weight Had Breast Implants Has Not Gone Bigger Than I Wanted?

ive lost 3 stone in weight had breast implants put in from b cup to d cup but wanted them bigger surgeon told me my skin was tight but how can this be true as ive pulled my skin up and there is plenty after losing 3 stone! i put my trust in him to give me what i wanted but this has not been the outcome he showed me no pictures,implants etc so took what he said can i have them done bigger and if surgeon wont do it what can i do as seeing him next week, this has made me depressed wanted them bigger

Breast Implant Size Not Big Enough

+1

If you went from a B to a D that is a pretty significant increase.  It would be helpful to know the volume of the implant placed.  It is hard to say how much bigger you could go, as there is not enough information here.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bigger

+1

The correct sizing of the implants is a measurement determined with your weight. height, chest width, chest anatomy and breast width. Bigger is not always better nor correct.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Miscommunication between patient and surgeon

+1

Dear Lorna,

Thank you for your inquiry and I am sorry that you are depressed.

It seems that you have had a classic example of miscommunication with your surgeon and so it is imperative that you get on the same with him/her for better results if a revision is what you have made up your mind to undergo.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast Implants -- wanted larger??

+1

Without photos, it is hard to evaluate the issues here. I am having trouble understanding, for instance, when you say you went from a B to a D, yet you feel you are not much bigger than before. 

Your best option is to have a discussion with your surgeon to review the outcome and the areas of your dissatisfaction. If you wind up having a revision surgery be certain you and your surgeon understand each other in terms of your goals, and whether they are realistic.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Breast Implants Sizing

+1

Many patients after breast augmentation think " Hmm, could I have goen bigger?" Remember, larger implants sag more than smaller ones. Women do not like extremely saggy breasts. Particularly women who loose a great deal of weight are more likely to have sagging because of changes in their skin. In my experience, women much prefer large perky breasts over extremely large sagging breasts.

Michael Horn, MD