I Have Lost Septal Support. Can the Previous Narrow Look of my Nose Be Brought Back? (photo)

I had a septoplasty an year ago and my nose looks horrible now. Is it possible to fix this and bring the nose's aesthetics close to the photo on the left, which is my nose before? i know i cannot have the exact same nose but can the narrowness of the nose be restored at least?

Septoplasty complications

+1

Dear Rico6666,

• Yes, this problem can be fixed so that you will look and breathe better
  • Please see a rhinoplasty specialist as there could be other issues with the septum that may need to be addressed at the same time
  • I would highly recommend using cartilage to fix this problem, either from the rib or the ear, depending on your exam

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Saddle Nose Deformity

+1

Hi,

Although a lateral photo would be better to assess your nose, from what your stating and the frontal pics, it looks like you have a classic saddle nose deformity. You can correct this by augmenting the nasal dorsum with a custom carved implant.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Problems after septoplasty

+1

i agree with the other docs.  fortunately this kind of problem is rare.  but it is fixable.  you are starting out with the right perspective " i know i cannot have the exact same nose but can the narrowness of the nose be restored at least?"

the answer is yes, most likely.  i bet in addtion to being wide it has lost projection in the middle third (at a minimum)

your need a rhinopalsty with rib +/- ear cartilage graft.  these are relatively "tough" so go to someone with experience.  also, in my opinion, i would suggest avoiding someone who suggests using cadaveric irradiated cartilage or someone who does not thing you need grafts.  just my opinion.

check out my sight for examples of similar cases

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Saddle nose

+1

It is uncommon to have a change in the shape of your nose after a septoplasty.  The most common cause is a post-operative infection that weakens the cartilage.  The nose can be rebuilt but it will require an open technique rhinoplasty with a cartilage source at hand.  If you are under age 40 I would recommend that you consider using your own rib cartilage.

Formal rebuilds such as this do tend to make your nose look better (and appear narrower).

Douglas J. Kibblewhite, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Saddle nose deformity and loss of nasal support after septoplasty

+1

Hello Rico6666, It looks like you now have a saddle nose deformity. It's unclear why exactly this occurred after your prior nose surgery but the end result is that your bridge isn't supported properly.

It is possible to rebuild your nose using rhinoplasty techniques and cartilage grafting. This should help restore your nasal appearance and function.

Check out my web reference link below to learn more about saddle nose deformity treatment.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD