Lost Part of Areola After Surgery - How Can I Stretch it?

Missing most of 1 side of areola. Various things tried to stretch it. After each of 4 surgeries, the areola shrinks back as before & a belt of deep scar tissue forms, so it can't stretch & smooth out. Tried Botox to counter contraction & cortisone to ease scar tissue. Perhaps there is not enough tissue in breast pouch to give the skin tension around areola and pressure behind nipple area, -maybe a nipple implant would help. How can it be stretched bigger, then maintain shape while it heals?

Areola Correction

+1

Areolar tattooing would add the missing pigment back into the area, therefore making your concern less noticeable. Consult with a reputable, board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Consider tattooing the areaola

+1

One thing that you can consider would be to add pigment through tattooing to help increase the size of the areola.  I agree that more surgical revision probably won't help.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Stretching, No. Skin graft, yes.

+1

Sounds like a properly shaped skin graft (full thickness) taken from a body area that has the same or similar color would be the way to go.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1

Sorry for your issue. A posted photo of the irregular shaped/scarred areolar would help. I recommend STOP any further revisional surgeries. Try tattooing colour/pigment to match. From MIAMI