Lost Part of Areola After Surgery - How Can I Stretch it?

Missing most of 1 side of areola. Various things tried to stretch it. After each of 4 surgeries, the areola shrinks back as before & a belt of deep scar tissue forms, so it can't stretch & smooth out. Tried Botox to counter contraction & cortisone to ease scar tissue. Perhaps there is not enough tissue in breast pouch to give the skin tension around areola and pressure behind nipple area, -maybe a nipple implant would help. How can it be stretched bigger, then maintain shape while it heals?

Areola Correction

Areolar tattooing would add the missing pigment back into the area, therefore making your concern less noticeable. Consult with a reputable, board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Consider tattooing the areaola

One thing that you can consider would be to add pigment through tattooing to help increase the size of the areola.  I agree that more surgical revision probably won't help.

Stretching, No. Skin graft, yes.

Sounds like a properly shaped skin graft (full thickness) taken from a body area that has the same or similar color would be the way to go.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Sorry for your issue. A posted photo of the irregular shaped/scarred areolar would help. I recommend STOP any further revisional surgeries. Try tattooing colour/pigment to match. From MIAMI