Best Filler for Upper Lip Fullness?

I've lost the fullness in my upper lip - Which dermal filler should I use and how much should I expect it to cost?

Best filler for upper lip fullness?

+1

In the face it is a good idea to start with something non permanent.  The soft and hard tissue of the face will change with time.  We usually start out with a hyaluronic acid based filler, (i.e.; juvederm, restylane).  It looks like you may benefit from some volume in the lips.  Best to see a few experienced injectors and see what they offer.

Juvederm is the best filler to use for upper lip fullness

+1

Juvederm is the best filler to use for upper lip fullness. Juvederm tends to absorb less water than restylane or perlane so you won’t get that overly puffy look immediately after. For more information about lip augmentation and juvederm, visit my website.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers for the lips

+1

I prefer to use the hyaluronic acids to fill the upper lip like restylane, perlane, or juvederm.  These can last any where from 6 months to 1 year and can give a very nice natural result.

Hyaluronic Acid Fillers Provide the Softest Most Natural Fullness to the Lips

+1

I prefer to use any type of hyaluronic acid fillers for the lip.  The contour and fullness should be so natural that no one can see work has been done.  Even the fine lines above the lip can be diiminished in many cases.  Cost is one factor, but be certain that your surgeon is board certified.  The lips can be tricky and you want to be certain you get a fantastic result.  You deserve it.  Do your homework!  Stay Healthy!

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

BEST Upper Lip Filler

+1

I have used many fillers and in my opinion either Juvederm or Restylane give consistently great results.

It is important to show your Plastic Surgeon the look you want to have before the procedure. I prefer to do the injections myself and life to give my patients a hand held mirror so they participate in the process and express themselves making it a joint effort.

Lip augmentation

+1

You really should see a Plastic surgeon and discuss all your options and the pros and cons of each. You and your plastic surgeon can discuss tthe look you want and the best way to proceed. Generally start with hyaluronic acid then if you like it consider fat injection

Restylane or Juvederm does great for upper lip fullness and runs about $550/syringe.

+1

Restylane or Juvederm does great for upper lip fullness and runs about $550/syringe which should fix most lips quite nicely.  Later you should switch over to a more permanent lip implant that looks and feels good for about $1500-2000 and easy to put in under local. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronic acids are the best fillers for lips

+1

Hyaluronic acids are the best fillers for lip volumization... particularly Juvederm Ultra and Prevelle Silk.

Natural looking lips are what everone's goal should be during lip augmentation. Unfortunately, the lips are one of the most over-treated areas, and lip augmentation is certainly a procedure that separates the expert injectors from the cosmetic novices and non-specialists.

Ideally the upper lip should be 2/3 the size of the lower lip.  Different techniques will be used depending on whether definition, volume, or both are needed, but one syringe should adequately treat the lips.  Costs vary by product and injector, but range from $300 - $700 depending on the amount required.

While it's important to choose an expert, the product really matters here too!  Below is my scale of best (10) to worst (0) products for the lips

10 out of 10 Hyaluronic Acids - the softest and most natural feeling fillers in the lips (except for fat and silicone... see below notes). The lips should be augmented in a natural pattern, NOT lined to look like a duck, which many patients unknowingly ask for and many practitioners unfortunately oblige. Stick with HAs for a winning filler in the lips...at least until Evolence Breeze is approved in the U.S.

8 out of 10 Collagens - the classic lip filler, but hard to find. Cosmoderm is not being made anymore, and only last 3 months. Evolence is a new collagen that can last a year, but is a bit too thick for the lips (and no longer on the market). Keep an eye out for Evolence Breeze, which may eventually be an approved U.S. product that will be "thinner" and more appropriate for the lips.

2 out of 10 Radiesse - not for the lips. Radiesse is a great filler for elsewhere, but not for the lips (very low on the kissable scale).

0 out of 10 Sculptra, ArteColl, or other permanent fillers (see fat and silicone exceptions below). Not for the lips.

Fat - great lip filler in experienced hands, but must be harvested from your body

Silicone - be very, very careful in the lips. You probably shouldn't do this until you've had years of experience with other fillers in the lip, and even then probably shouldn't. Purified silicone should only be used by the most expert of injectors and in the most confident patients. It's permanent, which can be a bad thing.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronic acid based filler

+1
Hyaluronic acid based fillers are great for lip enhancement. Volbella is a Juvederm product designed specifically for the lips. The exact dosing for you can be determined in consultation with your cosmetic physician with an in-person evaluation, as this will allow for a better assessment of your concern. Generally, clinics provide a per syringe price, and this can be anywhere from $550 to $850 in Toronto, Ontario. For minor wrinkles, less than a full syringe may be needed while for a dramatic enhancement, one syringe or more may be required.

Jerome Edelstein, MD