I lost all the hair on my head in 6 days then gradually all body hair within a few weeks. I'm 19 year old male?

Doctor without even an examination diagnosed alopecia ateata.how could i develop this after no previous episodes of it.could it have been triggered by something.will finding and removing the trigger reverse hair loss?

Alopecia areata

+1

You have alopecia areata, an autoimmune condition.

Total loss of scalp hair is called alopecia totalis and total loss of scalp, eyebrow, eyelash and body hair is alopecia universalis

Only 20 % of individuals have a family history so it's much more likely to have nobody else in the family affected

Alopecia areata is an autoimmune condition. The precise causes is not yet known. Most of the time there are no triggers. So there is no need to look for triggers.

You should seek a dermatologist knowlegable about treatment.

Toronto Dermatologist