Lost All Eyelashes Due to Extensions. Should I Use Latisse?

A few weeks ago, I decided to try eyelash extensions. Looking back completely regret the decision, I have always had long eyelashes. Last week, when I was at the beach my left eyelash was caught on something and when losing the extensions it pulled 99% of my natural lashes out as well. When having the other extension removed, all lashes were lost as well. Currently, only a few lashes remain on each eyelid :( If I were to use Latisse, would it assist in helping my lashes grow back?

Latisse after Eyelash Removal from Extensions

+1

Latisse may promote a faster recovery process, but the product will definitely increase the growth phase of the eyelash cycle.

Hello

+1

Yes, you can use Latisse if you have lost them because of extensions. You need to see a doctor in your area to get your best options.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Eyelash Extension Nightmare

+1

How awful for you! I know you must be feeling a bit frantic.

The Trauma induced may delay your lash growth more than what would normally occur - even with Latisse used as a growth booster. If the lashes were pulled out by the hair root instead of being broken off at the skin line, you will indeed have to wait for things to start growing. Latisse will prolong the length of time lash hairs are in the growth cycle, but they must BE in the growth cycle first.

Latisse should help, but realize that any lash that was in a resting phase will still have to wait its biological turn in the growth cycle.

If your eyelid is swollen or raw, wait to start Latisse until the skin is normal and healed completely. Latisse is not designed to be used on wounded skin and could prove irritating to tissue that has already been traumatized.

I hope you will update this community as you progress. You aren't alone in experiencing this problem with lash extensions.

Nasrin Mani, MD
La Jolla Ophthalmologist

Hair loss

+1

The question is  do you still have viable hair follicles? I think you probably do. So, I would definitely try Latisse. You need to be patient with it.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Lost all eyelashes due to extensions, will Latisse help?

+1

Unfortunately, this is an all too common problem with eyelash extensions. Overall Latisse speeds up the process of eyelash growth and keeps the hairs the growth stage longer than what your body normally does. So yes, it will help you get your eyelashes back faster than if you wait on your own. But it will realistically take probably 4-6 months for you to really start seeing your lashes growing back entirely. Not using Latisse, it will be longer, probably a year.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD