Lost 70lbs. Still Weigh 270...need Breast Reduction Bra Size 38k...any Suggestions? (photo)

I know my weight is not the "norm"...but I exercise everyday, and eat like a normal healthy person. Have no medical issues besides my breast size...and after losing weight and 2 c sections I have the apron... I feel that if my breast were reduced and the extra skin on my belly were removed I could lose the rest of my weight. I dont care how it may look. This is a neccesity...not a want. Anyone with suggestions...please help. Im desperate!!!!

Lost 70lbs. Still weigh 270...need breast reduction bra size 38k - any suggestions?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. It is a safe procedure, in which your plastic surgeon will reduce the amount of breast tissue, reshape your breasts, raise the nipple-areolar complex to its appropriate position (possibly making the size smaller, if needed), and ultimately ameliorate the possible complaints that you do have for the reason that you are having this procedure (e.g., neck/back pain, migraines, rashes/infections, etc).  WEight reduction and getting to your ideal weight first would be o your best benefit for optimal results as well as your safety under anesthesia and minimize complications.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will discuss the procedure with you, examine, and assist you in determining if this is the right procedure for you. Voice your complaints - your insurance will likely require a detailed description of your history and complaints as well as photo and an estimate of how much tissue will be removed. Hope that this helps! Best wishes and good luck!

Still Weigh 270...need Breast Reduction

+1

The risks begin to climb significantly for  both breast reduction and abdominoplasty with BMI over 30. I don't know your height, but I imagine your BMI is about 40. A major wound breakdown in either  site is not a small problem, and all the risks must be weighed against the benefits. 

Suggestion---consult with a plastic surgeon, review the alternatives as well as the risks and benefits. The abdominal procedure may be modified to do a panniculectomy (just excise the overhanging tissue rather than undermining the entire abdomen) rather than an abdominoplasty which would carry somewhat lower risk.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck at 270lbs

+1

The situation you will likely face is finding a surgeon who will perform either of these surgeries at your current weight.  You may find someone to do these for you, but make sure the surgeon has elite credentials and performs hundreds of these procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Reduction/Tummy Tuck while Overweight?

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss thus far;  However, I'm sure that you have heard that it is best to achieve a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing any type of body contouring surgery. Doing so will increase the safety of the operation and minimize the chances that additional surgery will be necessary down the line. Therefore, best to look into  additional help with your weight loss "programs”.

Having said that, there is an occasional patient (in your situation) who will benefit from body contouring surgery,  although still not  at their “ideal weight”.  Proceeding with these operations  should be done on a case-by-case basis after careful consideration of the pros/cons of surgery as well as the careful evaluation of patient expectations. The advantage of doing the operation, as you mentioned, is the potential “jumpstart” the patients achieve with their ongoing efforts in weight loss and achieving a healthy lifestyle.

Most importantly, if you do decide to seek consultation, make sure that you do so with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate an excellent safety record. Remember always that the priority should be safety…  Selection of plastic surgeon, location of facility, anesthesia provider, postoperative care all should be top-notch.