I Have Lost Nearly 60 Lbs, and Have a Very Large Amount of Skin Hanging Over, Would Insurance Help with This?

I have lost nearly 60 lbs, and have a Huge amount of abdominal skin hanging down. Makes my shoulders and back ache, have constant issues with yeast, which can be smelly as well as painful Will insurance consider this?

Insurance coverage and lax abdominal skin

Insurance companies will not pay for any procedure deemed to be cosmetic in nature such as a tummy tuck. However, on occassion, they will cover a procedure known as a panniculectomy which is the resection of a large apron of skin of the lower abdomen and which is associated with local skin infection, severe rashes and/or skin breakdown.

In order to find out what is right for your situation, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons. It is also best to do what is right not just what insurance will pay for (if anything).