I've lost 45lbs since July I was 265 now I'm 220 but I still have belly fat, any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Weight loss and Body Contouring Surgery

+1
Hello 'Gregjj311', thanks for your question.  Congratulations on your weight loss!  It sounds like you would be a perfect candidate for body contouring plastic surgery.  Significant weight loss is possible with strict discipline with a healthy diet and exercise, as well as the growing popularity of gastric bypass/ banding surgery.  Although the volume of the body is largely reduced, the skin can only shrink to accommodate the new volume to a limited extent, often leading to significant sagging, stretch marks, and laxity.  A good analogy would be if you take the air out of a balloon, the outside surface often shrivels and becomes loose.  Although you did not submit a photo, my guess is you are having residual skin (and some fat) laxity leading to your concerns.  If your weight is now stable, an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) will do a great job of tightening and contouring your abdominal region.  In addition, if you have other concerns throughout your body as many people who have lost weight do, body contouring plastic surgery will do wonders to the aesthetics of your problem areas.  These may include loose underarm tissue, circumferential torso sagging, and sagging thighs/legs with rippling and cellulite, which can be addressed with an arm lift, lower body lift, and thigh lift procedures, respectively.  Be sure to seek consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to help address your concerns.  Good luck!

-Dr.92660

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Body fat

+1
Thank you for the question and congratulations on achieving your goal.

In my opinion, I don't believe that plastic surgery is designed for any weight loss but rather to help you after that process is completed. My suggestion would be to keep loosing weight, you can consider a gastric bypass surgery or a lap band to help you safely achieve the body and be ready for the completion with plastic surgery.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Loss of Belly Fat

+1

Congratulations on what you have done so far.You have obviously modified your diet to reduce the carbohydrates and modify them to lower on the glycemic index as well as reducing your portions.Make certain that you are also reducing sugars in everything you eat and drink and the amount that you cook with. Do this gradually. Do not use sugar substitutes as these maintain your taste for something sweet.If you have plateaued, you simply need to gradually continue to do what got you to this point but further reduce the carbohydrates, the glycemic index of those that you do eat, the sugar and the portion sizes.By doing this gradually, you will change your tastes and continued weight loss will become automatic.If you continue this, you will lose the "belly fat," as we generally refer to this process as "loss of waist" rather than loss of weight.When you have gotten to a healthy weight, some surgical intervention may be warranted in order to reduce any loose skin you may have at that point.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Great Job

+1
You have done a great job in starting towards a healthy lifestyle.  Remember that it is not your weight or your BMI, but how you feel and your health.  By eating well and exercising you are not only improving your body and cardiovascular system, but also your mental state.  Losing weight with a goal of a certain number is not important.  Being healthy with a strong active lifestyle will give you lifelong results and the body you earned. 
Congratulations!

Matthew G. Stanwix, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss

+1

If you have lost 45 pounds in 6 months, you should keep doing what you have been doing. There may be a role for surgery once you have lost weight down to your target, but nothing is as good as diet and exercise when it is working, and it is for you!

All the best.

Weight Loss

+1
Thank you for your questions. Congratulations on your weight loss. A low gylcemic index diet and exercise are the best way to  lose weight. Good Luck.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

+1
Pictures would be helpful in assessing your current dimensions as well as height.  There may be role for tummy tuck at this point.  However, continued weight loss may be the best idea.