Ive Lost 36kg, now Im Left with Saggy Skin Around my Tummy How Can I Fix This Its Bringing Me Down?

what can I do? I exersize a lot im always on the go I have had 2 children and im now almost at my goal weight but have been left with this horrible saggy skin and it realy brings me down I don't have money for surgery so is there any other way?

Sagging Tummy Skin

+1

Excess abdominal skin after weight loss and childbirth will generally benefit significantly from a tummy tuck.  There are no other methods that will correct this loose skin, in spite of some of the things you see in magazines.  Therefore, since surgery is your only option, you simply need to decide how much it "brings [you] down," and how much you are willing to sacrifice to have this fixed.  If it bothers you enough, then create a savings account for the money necessary for the procedure or go to a CareCredit.com and see if you qualify for a loan for the procedure.  After doing this, see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Saggy skin

+1
Hi mumma. If your skin is hanging to or below your pubis and you have skin problems in the crease, some insurance comp. will cover a panniculectomy ( removing the excess skin ).

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Excess skin on the abdomen after significant weight loss usually requires an abdominoplasty for correction.

+1

I can't comment on your specific case without more information. In general, there is no good way to shrink skin. Excess skin needs to be surgically removed and in your case it sounds like an abdominoplasty.

I've Lost 36kg, now Im Left with Saggy Skin Around my Tummy

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss.

Unfortunately, surgical removal of the excess skin (tummy tuck or abdominoplasty) is the only way to treat this problem.

All the best. 

Abdominal contouring after weight loss

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss!   A physical exam is needed to make any recommendations on whether you would need a full tummy tuck +/- lipo waist, an extended tummy tuck, or a body lift.  Please start your journey with a consultation with a board certified PS.  Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS