Have Lost over 250 Lbs Are There Pics of Liposuction for Upper Arm Fat Removal?

I have a lot of EXCESS skin hanging south and would like to see some pictures here to see what it actually looks like on the befor and after I am 60 yrs of age and nervous because this will be my first lipo not doing this for beauty just want to be comfortable being that I have been fighting obesity all my life and now that I have lost over 250 lbs I feel good but would love to feel much better without the EXCESSIVE FAT HANGING FROM LEGS, ARMS & BREASTS

Armlift arm reduction brachioplasty massive weight loss excess skin arm liposuction

+2

Congratulations on your massive weight loss.  This is fantastic.  After such a massive weight loss, I doubt that liposuction alone will get you your desired arm results. Typically after massive weight loss, there is excess fat left in the arms. Typically, the skin is stretched over this arm fat.  With liposuction, the skin tries to recoil or shrink wrap around the area now devoid of arm fat.  Liposuction would be a start; however, I believe due to amount of your massive weight loss and your age, that your arm skin will not shrink wrap around the areas that have been suctioned. The result will be a smaller arm,  but a lot of excess arm skin rolls.  I have not seen pictures of your arms nor have I examined you. However,  I have treated many patients like you.  Instead of liposuction alone, I would suggest the following:  a single surgery which would include arm liposuction and an arm lift or more accurately arm reduction. Another name for the surgery is a brachioplasty.  Typically a brachioplasty can take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours under general anesthesia. At your age,  I believe the risks of surgery and anesthesia of arm liposuction or brachioplasty are about equal. I hope this information helps you in your weight loss journey. Good luck.

Excess skin removal requires arm lift

+1

A brachioplasty is essentially an upper arm lift. In this procedure, the excess hanging skin and fat in the upper arm is removed. Its the procedure used to correct the common "bat wing" of skin that manifests in patients who have lost a significant amount of weight.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

+1

Dear mink,

thank you for your post.  I doubt you will find photos of liposuction on this site for someone with your body description, because I doubt anyone would do that.  You will have a horrible result with this.  You need an arm lift rather than liposution.  If your skin is already saggy, it will be even more saggy after being further deflated.  You need a skin tightening procedure.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Lost over 250 Lbs Are There Pics of Liposuction for Upper Arm Fat Removal?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be very proud of this accomplishment. Patient in your situation generally do not do well with liposuction surgery. Arm lifting surgery will likely be necessary. Arm lifting surgery can be an excellent operation for the right patient. Understandably, one of the main concerns/downsides of the arm lift surgery is a resulting scar. Careful planning of the operation is critical  in executing the operation and determining the final position of the resulting scar.

You will find the attached link helpful to you;  you will be able to view many before and after pictures.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_armLift.htm

I doubt lipo will do

+1

Sounds like you need a real brachioplasty where the excess skin is removed. When you see a plastic surgeon, they should have photos to show you.

Liposuction may not be the best option for the arms in a massive weight loss patient

+1

More than likely if you have lost 250 pounds and have hanging skin of your arms then you would not be a candidate for liposuction of the arms.  You may need to consider an arm lift or Brachioplasty

Pictures of Arm lifts

+1

There are lots of pictures on the internet and on Dr s websites for arm lifts, I would recommend you look at those, in addition if you have lost that much weight would styrong suggest you see a BC PS as you will probably need a skin removal procedure in addiiton to liposuction.....good luck

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

+1

It would be helpful to see pictures, but, if you have loose skin, an arm lift to remove that excess skin is usually a better alternative than liposuction.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Armlift--Brachioplasty--Photo-Galleries.php

Flabby arms after weight loss

+1

There are many causes for flabby arms.  If one has flabby arms, the best indicator of the treatment would be the elasticity of the skin.  If the skin has good elasticity, then Lipo suction alone may be the answer.  If not, then an arm lift to resect the excess skin is best.  However, the best indication for an arm lift, and the most gratifying are those who have lost a lot of weight.  The skin is usually flabby and overstretched.  It is simple and effective to remove the skin that has been stretched past its capacity.  No Liposuction, or other noninvasive modalitiy will help the skin become more firm around the arms.  The length and type of the incision will vary depending upon the location and the amount of fat in the arms.  The cost will also vary by geographic locale.  Most will run anywhere from $3500-$7000.  I would advise you to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to have treatment recommendations specific to your concerns.