My Surgeon Removed 25 lbs From My Belly With A TT- When Will I See That Weight Loss On The Scale?

i need to know if i'm going to drop those 25 lbs my surgon removed for my tummy tuck. now it shows only 9 lbs on the scale. my surgery was done 9 dys ago. plese advise. Thanks Lynne

Weight after body contouring surgery

I takes several weeks for your body to mobilize the fluid that it holds onto during and after surgery.  This fluid retention is a reaction to injury and surgery is controlled injury.  I tell my patients not to weight themselves for at least a month after surgery and preferably wait until they are back on their regular exercise and diet routine, usually about 8 weeks for tummy tuck. 

Realizing weight loss as a consequence of large amount of abdominal wall tissue removed

It may take several weeks for you to see more of this 25 pound weight removal due to the swelling/fluid retention following surgery. You may not realize all of this for a variety of reasons. It would be important in the future to exercise regularly and eat appropriately.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Weight loss after tummy tuck

most of the loss should be seen by 6 to 8 weeks..  swelling does continue to diminish for months after that

Weight after Tummy Tuck?

It is normal for patients to “retain” fluid after surgery. This will throw off your weight calculations until the fluid is mobilized ( and excreted). This may take a few weeks to complete.

Best wishes for the remainder of your recovery.