Loss of Caudal Septum Which Caused Loss of Support of Nasal Tip and Difficult Breathing?

I had revision Rhinoplasty 8 months ago, It went bad and caused loss of nasal tip support and breathing difficulty especially at bed time. ENT consultation showed that i had lost caudal septum which resulted in Alar collapse which caused the breathing difficulty. Cartilage graft is needed. Also it caused indented scar on my nose tip. I need to fix it especially the breathing difficulty is bothering me. Please need an idea about what is the problem according to pi

Loss of tip support following rhinoplasty is a common problem

+1

I am sorry to hear about your issues following surgery. Unfortunately for many patients loss of tip support from either aggressive removal of the caudal septum or failure to recogize it was weak to start out with is something I see frequently when patients consult with me for revision rhinoplasty. The good news is that it is not difficult for an experience rhinoplasty surgeon to fix this. Typically I will use septal cartialge to rebuild the caudal septum or I if there is not enough available I will use ear or rib cartilage. Make sure you get a couple of consultations and check out credentials of your chosen surgeon.

Good luck

Dr Wayne

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Loss of tip support may be an issue from your description.  The external nasal valve can be supported in a number of ways to improve collapse.  An exam would be essential to determine what is necessary.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA