Is Losing Weight for a BBL Ideal? (photo)

I weigh 180 pounds and 5"6 in height, My fat is mostly stored in my lower and upper back, partially in my stomach. But I've noticed that the women who get the most amazing results are the ones who aren't very fatty at all, but average. Would it be advised that I lose weight? I was thinking if so, I should lose around 30 pounds.

You shoul dbe at your baseline weight before a BBL

+3

It is always best to be near your baseline weight. I strongly tell my patients not to gain weight or lose weight in preparation for a BBL. This will give the most stable fat to use in the procedure and will give the best results. When done this way, there should be only a small amount of fat loss afterwards.

Web reference: http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/body/buttock-lift-augmentation-new-york-city/

Weight loss before Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Just about everyone looks better after losing some weight.  It is also true that patients that are at a stable, healthy weight will get nice results from surgery.  You will need a consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for surgery.

Losing weight

+2

You are very astute!! Yes being overweight is not a great thing for fat injections since more of the fat is resorbed with time

Body Contouring Results Best Near Ideal BMI

+1

Thank you for your question and for your astute observation.  While you do not have to be at your perfect ideal body weight before a brazilian butt lift, it helps to be near.  You do need some fat for the transfer and you will benefit from the liposuction, but the closer your are to your ideal weight, the better your result will be.  Continue with diet and exercise as this will also improve your recovery by increasing your functional reserve.  Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Losing Weight prior to Brazilian Buttlift

+1

A loss of 20 or 30 lbs may indeed improve your final look, but physical exam by a plastic surgeon would be the best to determine the thickness of your subcutaneous layer in your front as well.

BBL and ideal body weight

+1

Dear HB,

Although it appears that you would have a very nice result from a BBL at your current weight, losing another 20 lbs or so would likely make your results even better.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://francisnyplasticsurgery.com/body.asp

Losing weight before butt lift

+1

The problem with losing weight before a butt lift is that it decreases the amount of fat available for injection into the butt.  In some people that is not an issue but judging from your pre-op pics I would not lose weight before.  Good luck.

Should I lose weight before having the BBL?

+1

It is true that if you are closer to an ideal weight the results of the BBL tend to be better overall. The only problem with losing 30 pounds is that some patients may have decreased donor fat availabilty. You should first be exmained by a Board Certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with the BBL  to assess you buttocks as well your available donor fat sites and go by his( her )recommendation. Good luck!

Web reference: http://drlefkovits.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.