Losing Weight After Lipo - Exercise and Proper Eating Not Working!

I had lipo of my abdomen, flanks, back, hips and and inner and outer thighs done 4 weeks ago today! I am very pleased with the results so far because my contours look great. I've lost 13 lbs. from just the lipo so far. However, for the past 2 and a half weeks I have been eating very, very well (I know for a fact that I am consuming less than what I am burning) and I am working out alot (40mins-1 hr on the ellipitcal every other night), but I haven't lost one pound! Why can't I lose more? :(

Weight loss after liposuction

+3

Congratulations on your great result!

You may not want to focus too much on your weight right now. The guidelines for weight loss are 1-2 pounds per a week and you don't appear to have much fat on your body. Keep up the exercises and proper diet.

Weight loss after lipo

+3

You look good and don't look like you need to lose much more weight or that you have much excess fat.  As you exercise, you will build muscle which will counteract weight loss.  At this point it is more important what you look like than exactly what you weigh. 

Your body may be holding onto all the current weight knowing that it would not be healthy to lose more.  If you watch The Biggest Loser, you will know that weight loss varies from week to week quite dramatically despite doing all "the right things."

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Weight Loss after Liposuction?

+2

Thank you for the question picture.

Based on a description,  your liposuction surgery has been successful in improving your contours. At this point, in order to achieve further weight loss you may be best served working with other professionals such as  personal trainers  etc. Keep in mind as you build muscle you may not see a decrease in your weight.

Personally I would suggest mixing up your workout routine.

Liposuction, Motivation, and Weight Loss After. Is weight loss possible?

+2

At this early date after surgery you may be experiencing fluid retention.  Beware of salt.  Sodium will result in temporary water retention.   Sounds like you are doing all right.  If you truly restrict calories you will lose weight.  If you are kidding youself you will not lose weight.  A person can always out eat any exercise progrm.   The problem with weight management is that 99% perfect is a failure.  In 1 % of any day you can easily eat 5000 tp 10,000 calories in sweets, fats, etc etc.  99% is great in college, graduate school etc etc but in weight management it is a failure.  Weight management is 100% or you will fail.  This is why weight loss is so tough.  Think about it.  How many calories can you eat in one minute.  Its 12:59 pm and you have one minute.  How many calories in one minute?  A lieve of pecan pie, or cake or 5 cookies and milk.   Its 100% or failure.  That is why only 2% of people 50 lbs overweight or more ever succeed in reaching their correct weight and staying there.  You can do it but will you?  Odds are, no, but you are an individual and you may win.  Good Luck.  Dr Commons

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Time is your friend

+2

Congratulations! You look great! Liposuction in combination with excellent eating habits and exercise provides by far the best results. You are already heading there.

At four weeks out, there is still a considerable amount of water from the procedure your body hasn't yet shed. When this occurs you will see some pounds miraculously disappear.  Now you can think more in terms of maintaining your desired look, and dimensions, and less in terms of actual weight.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Concentrate on muscle tone rather than the bathroom scale

+1
You look great! You may not have any fat to lose and may be building muscle mass instead. Try not to concentrate on your weight, as you should focus more on the actual fat on your body and your muscle tone instead, which looks good. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Too early to worry

+1
At 4 weeks after liposuction, you should not be concerned about the outcome yet.  It is a contouring operation first and foremost.  The contours will improve over the next 6 months.

Gary Lawton, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and liposuction

+1

You look pretty good in the photos, but yyou lost a lot of weight already. I would not be discouraged but maybe you have hit the limit of what is healthy for you?

Liposuction and weight loss and exercise

+1

Congratulations on doing so well with your exercise and diet after liposuction.  You have less fat now as some was removed with liposuction, so you should be consuming less calories than prior to liposuction because you need less calories to support less fat. Having reduced your caloric intake then means that you won't see further weight loss unless you consume less than the new fewer calories needed per day to support the lower fat volume. In addition, as you are exercising, remember that the muscle that you may be building is more dense than fat so you won't lose much weight from exercise.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction resulted in intial weight loss which stabilized

+1

Your results should be monitored by the outcome and not necessarily by your weight. The muscle bulk you are building may actually weigh more than the fat removed. Keep on working out and be pleased that you clothes fit better! Congratulations.