Losing Weight After FG to Buttocks, Will the Weight Come off my Buttocks?

With Weight Loss, fat is diminished in areas present

+1

Hi there-

If you lose weight after your Brazilian Butt Lift, you should expect for fat to be trimmed by your body in all areas it is present, including your butt.

This is NOT to say, however, that the butt will be the first place it is lost from, or that diminishment in volume of the buttocks will for some reason be greater than everywhere else.

The butt volume should diminish in proportion to the rest of you.

If I undergo weight loss after the Brazilian Butt Lift will I lose the weight from the buttocks?

+1

Patients are encouraged to exercise and stay on a healthy diet after the Brazilian Butt Lift. If you plan to lose a small amount of weight  i.e.,10- 15 pounds I don't think it will matter. But if you want to lose a lot if weight you shoud do so before surgery. But you must bear in mind that if you lose too much weight you may not have enough donor fat, so it becomes a balancing act. You should be examined by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced with the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure to guide you. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian butt lift and weight loss after surgery.

+1

Don't be afraid to exercise and eat healthy and lose weight after the Brazilian butt lift. This will only make you look better.

When you do a Brazilian butt lift what you're doing is changing storage locations for fat. Most people have problem areas of fat storage in the abdomen, waist and back. When you take those fat cells out of those problem areas and put it into the buttocks, the buttocks now becomes the primary storage location. So like those problem areas before when you lose weight you will probably lose weight from other areas before you lose weight from the buttocks. So if you lose more weight from the waist within the buttocks you will be more curvy than you were before. Don't be afraid of weight loss after the liposuction and fat injections. Your shape and your curves have permanently been changed.

Wendell Perry, MD