Losing Volume Under Muscles?

will i lose volume if I place the implant under muscle as opposed to over the muscle? s that true ?? i am very petite  5.1'" and 90 pound , i didnt make any consultation yet so i dont know all my Measurements but i am a small b cup and i want to be full B small c cub ,, how many cc i need ,, i tried the rich test and the only size i didnt feel pig with was 150 cc ,,is that very small or will make different ? and the last thing high profile or med profile to be natural look ???

Less projection under the muscle, consider lift alternative

+1

You told us your cup size but not your bra size.  If you are size 32 or 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are size 36 or 38 each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  From your weight of 90 lbs and 5'1, you are probably a 30 or 32 therefore, 150 cc implant will take you up 1 1/2 cup sizes, from a small B to a full C.  The best position for implants is retro-pectoral and the best implant is silicone gel.  They feel and look the most natural.  Implants placed under the muscle produces less projection than placed in fron of the muscle but are more stable long term.  Unfortunately, you have not provided us with any photographs and I do not know if your breasts are drooping.  You may benefit from a lift but I cannot tell.  It is possible using a Mini Ultimate Breast Lift technique to increase the projection of the breast, make it higher and increase your cleavage.  This could eliminate the need for implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

The size of breast implant that best fits you depends on your height, weight, chest wall size and anatomy and breast width. a experienced plastic surgeon should be able to guide you after he /she hears about your needs and expectations.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Losing volume under muscle?

+1

I find about 200cc makes one cup size difference, so the 150cc sounds about right for your desires. As far as deciding under vs over the muscle, this is based on your physical examination (as is the profile to use). There can be the appearance of a small volume loss under the muscle, but it is so small that I never take this into consideration. Find a good board certified plastic surgeon to guide you. Good luck!

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

WHICH Breast implant? Over- or Under the Muscle? How Many cc's? Which Profile implant? Saline or Silicone?

+1

ALL your questions are valid BUT they cannot be answered satisfactorily without a face to face examination and much more information thabn you supplied.

I love the fact that you started reading up on the Topic of Breast Augmentation but your question disclose several areas of misunderstanding which are crucial. Your Plastic surgeon should explain all this to you so you can get the best possible result your body permits.

A few FACTS
- ALL Breast Implants RIPPLE and make the breasts HEAVIER.
- Saline breast implants ripple WORSE than Silicone filled implants
- Textured surface implants ripple worse than smooth surface implants (and often leak quicker)
- to mask the implant ripples we need to COVER the implants with as much of your tissues as possible. If you are petite with little breast tissue we should
- use silicone - NOT use saline breast implants and we must put them under the muscle under the breast
- sometimes an additional cover by a biological like Strattice on top of the implant may be needed for addition implant cover
- The size / diamter of YOUR (unaugmented, before) Breast determines the diameter of the implant it can cover. While a larger implant CAN be placed in a small breasted woman, it does not mean it SHOULD be placed because it will be predictably LARGE, ROUND and rippled - ie "fake". If that is the look you want or if this is the look you want to avoid at all cost - make sure you tell your surgeon. COMPROMISE of what you are getting and what you are settling for is VERY important.

SIZING - when it comes to sizing for implants everyone has his/her opinion. For MY part I can say that over the years I  have used ALL of them; the rice test, stuffing sizers under a nonpadded bra, trying to convert implant volumes in cc into a NONexistant Bra Cup standard from which every manufacturer differs. They ALL fall short. In my opinion, the best way to pick the implant best for you is to measure the breast diameter and based on it try several gel implants (I like the High Profile Mentor) under a jogging bra KNOWING that under the breast and muscle they will be compressed further and not be as prominent. Then pick a surgeon who invested in a Canfield VECTRA 3D digital imaging camera. You can find their website and it will tell you who in your area has it. The camera lets you SEE your breasts from every angle (many of which you never saw them before) before and after with ANY implant on the US market. Even though it is an estimate, it is THE BEST way to visualize and choose your breast implants because you will see with your own eyes the subtle (and depending on your choice - not so subtle) differences IN YOUR BODY of each implant. The VECTRA is VERY expensive and a lot of surgeons simply do not want to make the investment. Speaking for myself our patients LOVE it. They become the ones who choose the implants and it stops being a source of cup anxiety for them because SEEING replaces IMAGINING a theoretical cup size.

I hope this helped.

Good Luck

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, NY

Breast implant size

+1

I feel that not patients wish they had gone a little larger. 150 cc is very small. Plan to see a board certified plastic surgeon.. We have sizers in the office that you can try. Good luck.   Dr s Lalla west orange nj 

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Losing Volume Under Muscles?

+1

Without photos and measurements, your any answer to your questions are of very limited value. Many surgeons feel that 200 to 225 cc of implants will increase the breast by one cup size. There are, however, no accepted definitions of cup size, and many patients find bras that fit in two or three cup sizes. 

150 cc is pretty small, but may accomplish your goal. When I find patients content with a size they have tried on I usually use the next size up with silicone because the implants do look bigger sitting over the breast that does the same size placed surgically. 

Your options will become much more clear after an in person consultation.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.
Thank your for your question, best wishes.

BBA

+1

Without any pictures or examining you it's not possible to give you the specific information you're requesting. Decisions regarding implant sizing, incision choice, and plane of placement are best discussed in person with a board certified plastic surgeon. In order to decide on sizing, take a large bra to your appointment, and you can place differ sizes in the bra and get a sense of what size you prefer. 

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C) 

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast Implant

+1

Without seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  The implant choice needs to be customized to the patient's anatomy and the desired outcome.  In most cases, smooth, round silicone implants placed under the muscle gives the best results.  However, as I said, the specifics need to be customized to the patient.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Concerns about Breast Augmentation?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice about the size and/or profile of breast implant that will best help you achieve your goals.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Implant size

+1

150 cc's are very small implants.  The best way to choose the right implant for you si to go for an evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon and tell him your thoughts and concerns.