Why Am I Losing my Hair!?

For the past four years it seems as though I am losing more than the "normal" amount of hair. I am actually scared to wash my hair for fear of seeing all the hair. I wash my hair about 2-3 X a week. I brush my hair out with a wide toothed comb while I have my conditioner in and its like the hair never stops coming out. It looks like its coming out from the bulb. I got a blood test and my serum iron was low (27). It does seem like my hair is getting thinner. I also have dandruff. What could this be?

Causes of Hair Loss

+1

There are many, many causes of hair loss. The leading cause of hair loss in both men and women is androgenic alopecia, or pattern baldness. However, iron deficiency may also result in hair loss. Other causes of hair loss include: pregnancy, stress, lack of sleep, malnourishment, poor circulation, folic acid deficiency, drug use, infection, untreated thyroid disorder. I suggest seeking counsel from a dermatologist.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon